What's new

Day of the quarter! 2 - silver Washingtons, 1 - 25¢ token

Dollybyers

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
201
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona and New York
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, White's Coinmaster 5900/Di Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am spending the summer at an old farmhouse (built around 1820). When I first got here I was having all sorts of luck.... lots of wheats, some silver, interesting relics. So far though, I have found nothing really old and lately I have been getting skunked. Tonight, however, my luck has turned!

I found two silver Washingtons, 1935 and 1936!

And, an interesting 25 cent copper token. I feel like it is older, because I found it a bit deeper than most of the stuff I have been finding... like 6-8 inches. However, it could just be a kids toy. Any info would be appreciated!

Dig on!

quarters.webp
 
Upvote 16
Nice silver Washington's! Token looks cool also, congrats and HH
 
Congrats on your 35 & 36 SLQ's & 25 cents copper token finds - all looks to be in fair shape - anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story & I wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Nice silver Washingtons. Is there anything on the back side of the token ?
 
@Trezurehunter.. there is, but the reverse is exactly the same.
 
Am I the only one who finds more pennies and dimes than quarters and Nickles? I wonder why that is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
Nice silver score and a very cool token, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the finds. I found the 10c version of that token a couple years back. Just said 10c on both sides.
 
Congrats! Silver Washingtons are one of my favorites to find , the sound my machine makes over top of one of them is literally music to my ears...it is SO exhilarating to see SHINY in the hole after digging so many crusty quarters in a row...I could be dead tired, ready to quit...and I dig a silver and I'm ready for 3 more hours of hunting..
Thx for sharing...ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom