What's new

Day3-Archaeological Dig, Day3-Barley Field 4, Day1-Rape Field

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did 1 hour with the dig today.

Only got a Roman? or Medieval? Iron Nail
Button & whatzit bronze rivet?

However the pit pictured looks interesting & hopefully will have some pottery to date it. As they have no dating evidence from the ditches so far!
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    129.5 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0
Re: Day3-Barley Field 4

Dad's silver streak is at an end. He has a month off until work starts again. He did 2 hours on the Barley Field 4. Not much to show.
 

Attachments

  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 492
Re: Day1-Rape Field

Then he did 1 hour around a new field which is ploughed after the Oil Seed Rape crop.

He went around the edge & plotted it on the GPS. Ready for us to grid it & cover the whole field!

Nice button but thats all.
 

Attachments

  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 472
most americans think of "rape" as an act against a woman -- not as a form of greens -- due to the negitive ideal its called a differant name in the states .
 
Nice finds, wishing you many more. When I described in our club newsletter that someone had come into my favorite park and "raped" it, I got almost banned from the forum for using that term, what I meant and explained was that someone came to my park and almost totally destroyed it, by leaving huge holes all over, trash left next to holes, and when a tree branch was hanging over an area they wanted to hunt, they broke it off. :(........... Not GE
 
notgittinenny said:
Nice finds, wishing you many more. When I described in our club newsletter that someone had come into my favorite park and "raped" it, I got almost banned from the forum for using that term, what I meant and explained was that someone came to my park and almost totally destroyed it, by leaving huge holes all over, trash left next to holes, and when a tree branch was hanging over an area they wanted to hunt, they broke it off. :(........... Not GE

Rape is a crop & we call them rape fields, no-one here gets offended by that. If they do its there problem. It would be like not calling a barley field, a barley field.
 
I KNOW what you meant by Rape seed, but some people have never looked in the dictionary to see that there are other meanings or thesaurusus' for the word. :icon_scratch:..Not GE
 
Do I smell a possible trade?... ???... Not GE
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom