Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT
Re: Dead Man's Cave

cptbil said:
BUT!
If you'd like, we can arrange to talk over a trip on the Phone !
AS!
I have three, "Hot" Ones,
All! Three are,
WAY! South of Tucson !
One of which, I hope to "Recovery" on this trip !
Two are of Silver,
One is of gold and attached mine!
It's an actual Spanish, intact & Lost Mission & Gold Mine/cache
You won't need MDs on these trips!
BUT! GUNS !
SI! :-\
Muy! Muy! SI! :P

Well, you got me intrigued. In May? Hmmmm.... Will check to see how much vacay I have. How long are we talking here? Do you want more people along? PM me back...

one8orz

Nov 1, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Have Guns will travel just let me no and we can go it's better to travel in a pack. One never knows and also depend ;D ;Ds how far south and I speak the lingo have a goodone. ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Gold Seeker

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT

one8orz said:
Have Guns will travel just let me no and we can go it's better to travel in a pack. One never knows and also depend ;D ;Ds how far south and I speak the lingo have a goodone. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm in as long as I get some gun lessons... ;) Seriously tho, this is something that I would love to do. Let me know if you want another couple of people along...

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

OK!
Y'all ( & anyone else, who'd care to come along?) kind of count on, Early/late MAY + ! ???
Depending on the weather !
I have two sites in New Mexico,
One is a certainty, I mean, one, that I am planning to "hit" !
Before I make it over to Arizona!
Things are kind of up in the air, as to any set date !
What are you open for ?
A Semi official date, something to try and plan around ::)
Around May!
Or, A later date ? (I, may have to go with a Later in/after, May Date, because of the NM Site)

Remember, Once I am out, I'll be out until ???? 2008 ? :o
SO!
What ever is good for youse ???
The site/treasure isn't going anywhere !!!
Besides the are two more in the same general area!

ps: We'll also, be able to scout the area(s) out by air, if need be!
pps:
"Guns lessons"! Are no problem, What do you like rifle, pistol, &/or! shotgun ;D

OP
OP
Gold Seeker

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT

cptbil said:
OK!
Y'all ( & anyone else, who'd care to come along?) kind of count on, Early/late MAY + ! ???
Depending on the weather !
I have two sites in New Mexico,
One is a certainty, I mean, one, that I am planning to "hit" !
Before I make it over to Arizona!
Things are kind of up in the air, as to any set date !
What are you open for ?
A Semi official date, something to try and plan around ::)
Around May!
Or, A later date ? (I, may have to go with a Later in/after, May Date, because of the NM Site)

Remember, Once I am out, I'll be out until ???? 2008 ? :o
SO!
What ever is good for youse ???
The site/treasure isn't going anywhere !!!
Besides the are two more in the same general area!

ps: We'll also, be able to scout the area(s) out by air, if need be!
pps:
"Guns lessons"! Are no problem, What do you like rifle, pistol, &/or! shotgun ;D

How about May 21? The only thing I don't like is that I may only be able to spend a week with y'all -- that's all the vacay I have. BUT if what we're looking for is what I think it is, then WHEN we find it, vacation (or, for that matter, a job...) shouldn't matter, correct?? ;D

As for the gun lessons -- first choice is the handgun, then rifle, then shotgun... ;)

Gold Seeker

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Gold Seeker:
As you know,
Nothing can really be scheduled, until you are out and have a chance to look the situation over!
I, really think that May is going to be way, too early !
As I mentioned, I'll have to be in New Mexico, as soon as the weather
gets 1/2 way decent !
"tho!", This site, is going to be fairly easy to get to,
BUT!
It's another story ....
To find what we'll be looking for ???? Quen Sabe ?
After that, who can put a time on if we'll hit it, or be 1/2 way lucky
OR!
Have to spend more time!

one8orz

Nov 1, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Don't forget to we will probably need snake shot snake season. I should be some what retired so any time will be fine with me and all I will need sometime to let wife know and pack bags. and as far as fire power pistols, and shot gun no need for rifle unless we are going hunting? maybe some rabbits.

OP
OP
Gold Seeker

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT

one8orz said:
Don't forget to we will probably need snake shot snake season. I should be some what retired so any time will be fine with me and all I will need sometime to let wife know and pack bags. and as far as fire power pistols, and shot gun no need for rifle unless we are going hunting? maybe some rabbits.

Sometimes I envy those of you have have retired or are close to retirement. I would love to devote all my time to doing this sort of thing but reality has a way of getting in the way and that damned responsibility takes over.

Cptbil, I had some conversations with another member of T'net regarding a trip with you. That was supposed to happen in November, correct? ??? Did that trip happen and this is the follow up? Please don't that that wrong, as I was kicking myself for not being able to go on that one. I had PM'd him about what the "goal" of the trip would be and he confirmed it. Just wondering if this trip is for the same one. Now, are we bring invited on just the AZ trip or NM as well? Don't mean to sound pushy! ;D

one8orz, I figure with a shotgun you only have to aim in the general direction, but pistols and rifles require a bit more training, correct?? ;D

Gold Seeker

one8orz

Nov 1, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

True but gin safety is the most important, you don't want to have any misshap when it come to fire arms.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

I am afraid that there's no killing :-\ of any life forms !
"cept The Two Legged Type ! ::)
It is a generally held "believe", by several of my friends !
Two of whom are Native Americans !
AND!
It is also, A belief that I hold !
That, killing, w/o just cause, and or of a life form, that cannot defend itself,

That, this brings on Bad Charma/Luck! :-\
We admire and/or walk around any dangerous ones !
"The only shooting we do, is these cases is with a camera!
Remember, We ARE!
In his yard/home !
I have been out there, in remote areas, alone, except for BUGS, FOR Months at a time and about every year, since '94!
AND
Yet! I Have never had
a Life Threatening Encounter !
Other than w/the two legged ones!
AND!
I have been within three inches of a pair of Unseen, Mohave :o Rattlesnakes*
Haven't been bitten!
Or!
Even! Attacked!
I have yet to have a dangerous encounter !
Just TWO Weeks ago, I was standing within 10 feet of three Javelina !

I have been, "Roughly, speaking
Face to face with "wolves/coyotes, rattle/coral snakes, Mocs, Bear, Both Blk and Brown, etc..

* Who! As you know, are very aggressive and who's poisen is many times (7) more potent than a regular
Rattlesnake(s)
AND!
WHO!
Contray to popular belief are NOT! Behind every brush or rock! Waiting to attack ! ::)
" " " " Out to get YOU !
But!
If Anyone wishes to show/prove his "Manhood"
Let's go down on the "Border" and recovery the "Silver Bars"!
I can almost guarantee a " Fire Fight" ! :-\

OP
OP
Gold Seeker

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT

Cptbil,

I did not mean to sound like I was over-testosteroned (?). I was only saying that I have not had much practice with firearms and will need some lessons. I also am of the thought to "live and let live" -- I don't kill things just for fun. If there is a justification, then yes, I don't have a problem with it. Just wanted to clear that up... :)

Gold Seeker

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

I wasn't "jumping up & down!" ;D
I just hear so many people/posters, that the first thing that they want to do is "KILL"
I consider it a privilege to be allowed to come across and be allowed to view, these life forms !
AND!
To Kill a snake just because it has "rattles" or can defend itself ....
Hay!
What is that person doing with a weapon !
Pretty arrogant to say:
Hey!
Only I, A Human! Has the right to be able to protect myself!
AND!
I don't have to walk around you!
Generally:
:-[ I don't shoot anything that can't shoot back! :-\
AND! YES!
In 30 months in Vietnam, (USMC) I have closed with and killed the enemy!
SO! I Am Not some "Bleeding Heart Pacifist" !

There'll be plenty of time for "practise" !
I love to shoot long range targets !
AND!
Because I shoot so much, I have 100's & 100's of rds of ammo, mostly Govt Surplus, available
Plus,
I handload some "special" "Loads"

one8orz

Nov 1, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Let just go down their and recover treasure and have a good time and we will take it one step at a time.
Simper Fi Devil Dog 81---85 First Tanks

Attachments

• Bulldog.jpg
    Bulldog.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,238

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

One8Orz:
I, Like anyone else, would like to have information about & get to know someone, before they/we, take off on what could be a dangerous situation!
The FIRST STEP, of course, being, this new fangled, emailing, of information/photos, etc., back and forth ...
It's almost as good as being there! :D
Although,
Actually, The FIRST STEP, is for me to set up a schedule/dates, etc. !
I have a site(s) in New Mexico, and since I will be coming from that direction, East to West, I guess, that should be First stop for me !
Then, from there, to go to to Southern Arizona, "The Silver Tunnel" !
Since this isn't a matter of "hunting", it'll be a trip to the site and then to see if the Mine Tunnel IS? There!
There'll be very little looking "for" , as we'll be camped just below the "tunnel" ?
Which, although, the Church Document doesn't mention, I should imagine, has some kind covering over the "Door" !
It might be a good idea to fly over the area to check for any sign of trails leading to the mine/tunnel!
There are several in the area, Spanish, of course!
But!
None, that I could see, in the area of "The Tunnel" !
In the mean time,
I'll have to order new USGS "Aerial Photos/topos", as the ones I have, were ruined by the humidity!

one8orz

Nov 1, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

cptbil said:
One8Orz:
I, Like anyone else, would like to have information about & get to know someone, before they/we, take off on what could be a dangerous situation!
The FIRST STEP, of course, being, this new fangled, emailing, of information/photos, etc., back and forth ...
It's almost as good as being there! :D
Although,
Actually, The FIRST STEP, is for me to set up a schedule/dates, etc. !
I have a site(s) in New Mexico, and since I will be coming from that direction, East to West, I guess, that should be First stop for me !
Then, from there, to go to to Southern Arizona, "The Silver Tunnel" !
Since this isn't a matter of "hunting", it'll be a trip to the site and then to see if the Mine Tunnel IS? There!
There'll be very little looking "for" , as we'll be camped just below the "tunnel" ?
Which, although, the Church Document doesn't mention, I should imagine, has some kind covering over the "Door" !
It might be a good idea to fly over the area to check for any sign of trails leading to the mine/tunnel!
There are several in the area, Spanish, of course!
But!
None, that I could see, in the area of "The Tunnel" !
In the mean time,
I'll have to order new USGS "Aerial Photos/topos", as the ones I have, were ruined by the humidity!
I agree we should get toghter so we can know each other, we just can't go out thier not knowing your fellow man.

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800

cptbil said:
During my research on The Tampa Bay Site,
I came across TWO! more, VERY interesting treasures sites!
This is, of course, common!
Both are in The State of Florida
One is extremely Rare ( Even for treasures) & Very, Unique !
The Other one is!
HUGE!

I would estimate, one of the largest ever, in the U.S. !
Ranking right alongside, Montezuma's Treasure!

cptbil,

If you ever wanna partner down in Tampa....lemme know. I'm trying to build my treasure knowledge portfolio as well. Trying to find and research lost treasures can be frustrating. Would be willing to lend as much help as possible. BTW, where in the world do you "come across" information like this???...and when you do come across it, where do you go to research it???

JvilleHunter

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

JvilleHunter:
Sorry, but I have no plans to be down that way for quite some time!
All of my efforts are going to be directed out "West", ie: NM, Az, So.Ca. Nv., etc !
I'll be out "West", for approximately the next year (12 mos), starting April!
But!
If you can come up with a couple of extra weeks, you'd be welcome to join up for anytime and what ever Time and Place you that you'd be interested in!
Thanks for the interest/writting, Tho!
Cptbil & Bugs

OP
OP
Gold Seeker

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT

Unfortunately I was not able to follow through with this. Too much responsibility at home. Although coming back from Colorado last week the wife suggested that my friends and I take a long weekend and go searching around Nebraska. That was a total surprise! I have at least 3 sites that I would like to hit, so we'll see what happens. The next stage is searching around South Dakota...

cptbil, please let me know if you went and if it was successful!

Gold Seeker

ccrawler

Jul 17, 2011

Gold Seeker said:
Has anyone read or researched the story of Dead Man's Cave in Colorado? Supposedly it is near Silver Cliff, and the prospectors were in newpaper articles in 1880 (The Fairplay Flume and the Denver Post.) Just wondering if this is another hyped up story or not... ;)

Actually there is at least 3 or 4 states with a dead mans cave and probably more, but as the one in colorado goes i have heard several stories one puts it by silvercliff, another puts it further west and yet another story i read puts it close to the southern border as it said when the weather broke they went over the pass and walked into taos.... strange, i guess its like when you set in a group circle and tell one person a story and they tel the person next to them and so on tell it goes around the group and when it gets back to the person that said it first the story is totally different from what was said in the first place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions