The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: With the economy as bad as it is, i would think ANYONE showing interest in purchasing a new $1000+ metal detector would at the VERY LEAST have a phone call or email returned by the dealers sponsoring this website (Bart- you are the lone exception!!!Expect an email from me soon!) I have called and emailed most of the rest and not received A SINGLE response back. Some I have attempted to contact several times . At this point in the game i WOULD NOT buy from them if they were $300 cheaper than anyone else. If I can't get them to sell me a machine what are the chances they will handle any warranty/shipping issues? Do us all a favor and stop pretending to be dealers and wasting our time.
TB

Jun 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari. Garrett 350
I went through the same thing . Thats why I deal with Woodland Detectors. Mike is open 7 days a week.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found the smaller dealers to be best. Gary (Gary's UK Detecting) was the importer for XP at one time. He sent me the XP Goldmaxx and the GMaxx (the two top models in their range, one high frequency the other low) to try. I picked which suited me best and returned the other. No problem then about it not suiting my soil or being to heavy or out of balance.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. I recently ordered a Falcon MD20 from a distant vendor. The only reasons I chose them was that they had been in business for many years and the writings of prominent expert in this hobby. I was unfamiliar with any of the other authorized vendors. I received an automated order confirmation and nothing else. After about 5 days, I emailed them and said that I had not received notice that the detector had shipped yet and asked them to check on the order. I did receive the detector in the mail a few days later but have yet to receive a response to the email.

I second your praise of Bart. His response was so quick to my email that it almost felt like he was waiting for me to email him. My only criticism I have is that there was no way to track the shipment.

toenail

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2012
kingsville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Fisher LF960D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make sure they arent in your spam folder.. im sure they arent but ya never know :)

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread