Adventure Wolf
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2010
- Messages
- 94
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- Radio Shack Discover
- #1
Thread Owner
Route 66 went all the way from Chicago to California. Long before I was born, a large section of Route 66 was decommissioned and a large number of ghost towns can be found off that road. I figure that if two or three guys got some money together, a four wheel drive SUV, Van or Pickup and minimum gear, they could have a good time relic seeking off in abandoned towns and other places.
I only know one treasure hunter other then me, and he's in jail for grave robbing. Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?
I only know one treasure hunter other then me, and he's in jail for grave robbing. Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?
Sixty six runs right close to my house toward OK City. There are a number of old abandoned gas stations along there. And there are a lot of small towns also. I don't know if I would want to travel with a guy that was arrested for grave robbing though. I can just hear a local cop asking, "What are you guys doing"? Answer, "Treasure Hunting". Cop: "Either one of you ever been arrested"? Your buddy: "Yeah, I have for grave robbing"! The next sound you will hear is the click of handcuffs! Scary! Monty






