What's new

Defaulting the Manticore

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
611
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
I've been trying to figure out how to default my Minelab Manticore, and I've tried to get this information online, but I'm getting everything but. I want to factory reset it, since I'm hoping it may resolve the relentless squealing/squawking noises on all but one of the beach settings (I've adjusted numerous settings, all to no effect). Can someone recommend how a factory reset is done?
 
Upvote 0
I've been trying to figure out how to default my Minelab Manticore, and I've tried to get this information online, but I'm getting everything but. I want to factory reset it, since I'm hoping it may resolve the relentless squealing/squawking noises on all but one of the beach settings (I've adjusted numerous settings, all to no effect). Can someone recommend how a factory reset is done?
As my dad used to tell me, "When all else fails, read the instructions".

I tried to upload the Manticore Instruction Manual for you but it's too large, so I took a screenshot of page 39, which covers factory reset instructions. You can download the entire manual for free on Minelab's website.

 

Attachments

  • Factory Reset.webp
    Factory Reset.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 97
I've been trying to figure out how to default my Minelab Manticore, and I've tried to get this information online, but I'm getting everything but. I want to factory reset it, since I'm hoping it may resolve the relentless squealing/squawking noises on all but one of the beach settings (I've adjusted numerous settings, all to no effect). Can someone recommend how a factory reset is done?
I have one and I'm still learning it and lately I want to call, call Minelab is my suggestion if too stumped
 
IIRC ( I am at work with no access to my machine), you can either press and hold the power button until it resets, or power it on and then scroll all the way to the top and there is a factory reset option in the setting menu.

Good luck.


Anthony
 
Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out how to default my Minelab Manticore, and I've tried to get this information online, but I'm getting everything but. I want to factory reset it, since I'm hoping it may resolve the relentless squealing/squawking noises on all but one of the beach settings (I've adjusted numerous settings, all to no effect). Can someone recommend how a factory reset is done?
that must be frustrating
 
IIRC ( I am at work with no access to my machine), you can either press and hold the power button until it resets, or power it on and then scroll all the way to the top and there is a factory reset option in the setting menu.

Good luck.


Anthony
I'll try one of those, thanks.

The only setting I don't want to lose is one I set back when I first got the detector earlier this year and have since forgotten how I did it. It's a setting that changes the target number to red when the object is trash or steel, etc, which has been very helpful in knowing what's under my coil. Does anyone know how to make that change again once I've defaulted it?
 
I'll try one of those, thanks.

The only setting I don't want to lose is one I set back when I first got the detector earlier this year and have since forgotten how I did it. It's a setting that changes the target number to red when the object is trash or steel, etc, which has been very helpful in knowing what's under my coil. Does anyone know how to make that change again once I've defaulted it?
So again, I dont have access to my machine while at work, but in the settings menu there is an option for "red numbers." Doing the factory reset will your entire system back to the factory preset but after you do the reset, you can then go back into setting, find the "red numbers" option to turn it back on.

Good luck.

Anthony
 
I'll try one of those, thanks.

The only setting I don't want to lose is one I set back when I first got the detector earlier this year and have since forgotten how I did it. It's a setting that changes the target number to red when the object is trash or steel, etc, which has been very helpful in knowing what's under my coil. Does anyone know how to make that change again once I've defaulted it?
Download the Manticore manual, I provided a link in my reply above.

Navigate to page 38 and you'll find the instructions for changing ferrous indication.
 

Attachments

  • Change Ferrous Indication.webp
    Change Ferrous Indication.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 73
So again, I dont have access to my machine while at work, but in the settings menu there is an option for "red numbers." Doing the factory reset will your entire system back to the factory preset but after you do the reset, you can then go back into setting, find the "red numbers" option to turn it back on.

Good luck.

Anthony
Awesome! Thanks.
 
relentless squealing/squawking noises on all but one of the beach settings
This is happening ALL the time in these modes OR just when your detecting on the beach ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom