What's new

Delaware beach unknown pottery pattern

deldave

Full Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
166
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delaware beach unknown pottery pattern

Found this while md on delaware shore. It was face down amongst the broken shells, stones, etc. Just caught my eye. Now I have to try and figure out the pattern and date. Any help would be kind. Thanks, deldave
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0105.webp
    DSCF0105.webp
    179.6 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF0106.webp
    DSCF0106.webp
    180.8 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF0112.webp
    DSCF0112.webp
    115.8 KB · Views: 192
Nice! This is the 1st post I've read in this forum & I see something firmiliar. I might be reaching here, but it looks "similar" to a piece I found last year. Mine was from a firmiliar minden I've associated with the mid 1800's : (no maker). Yours looks more crude, perhaps older! There were French & English at my spot. I just took a pic of mine, typed all this, then realized I can't include my pic! Lol
 
OK, figured it out. These are probably the same maker - just different periods of the manufacturers existence. I'm guessing yours is older & their "mark" evolved to the one I have. I'm curious myself.
 

Attachments

  • 1435808500556.webp
    1435808500556.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Thanks for that reply. I am surprised that more info has not been offered here. I thought for sure someone would identify this right away!
 
If your still curious maybe try posting it in the fur trade forum. It's old enough & you "might" get some info. Hopefully find that elusive maker.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom