Delaware county PA spots?

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking for new spots in delco. Iā€™ve been hitting playgrounds around lansdowne. Anyone know of good parks or trails to metal detect?

Most people are not going to want to tell you about their spots. As you have realized, they are hard to come by.

You can ask people you know, that have older houses, to see if you can detect their yards.

Here's a site that allows comparison of old aerial photographs to new ones. Very helpful in finding where old houses, etc. used to be.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your county historical society and see if they have any older map reprints or old maps you can study, then look for places that were used long ago and not used now. Find out who now owns the properties and ask permission. Sometimes permission is given, sometimes not, but if you don't ask you will never know.

bestbuybruce

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2006
Martinsburg WV
Detector(s) used
White's for over 40 years.. Now the White's MXT All Pro.
Look for spots that you "Can" get into..... "Then research it" Where you are (Delaware), People have been "Everywhere" on the East coast. City, County and State property, Public. Where do people lose things? Everywhere! I'm in WV and have detected over 40 years. My best spots? Along the railroad tracks and along the creeks and streams. People always needed water, Kids always played along rivers and streams. Nothing there now! Use your imagination!

Al Koz

Jan 25, 2023
Looking for new spots in delco. Iā€™ve been hitting playgrounds around lansdowne. Anyone know of good parks or trails to metal detect?
Hi, I live in Lansdowne and want to get back into detecting. My son and I both have mid range Bounty Hunters. We should hook up and find spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions