What's new

deleted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike(Mont)
  • Start date Start date
Re: Map dowsing with an L-rod

Mike(Mont) said:
Well I certainly can't claim map dowsing is my forte, but I am working on learning how to with an L-rod. I've spent a few hundred hours behind a pendulum and it's really not my cup of tea. One way is to let the pendulum swing over a corner of the map and follow that direction. Another is to slide a ruler over the map and hold the pendulum off to the side and wait for it to give a positive response. I've tried to use the L-rod for map dowsing like I use it in the field, see which direction it points. This has not worked for me. So now I slide the ruler along the map and wait for the L-rod to swing one way or the other and draw a line where the ruler is. No movement, no line. What I have found with the rod I am using is it starts to respond before I get to the spot. There is maybe a half-inch of ruler movement where is swings. I've seen where some people put a marker on the suspected spot and see if the L-rod pulls to it.

Honestly I just don't like pendulums. They are used to hypnotise people and the last thing I want is to be self-hypnotised while trying to dowse. It's probably the best way there is to bring in wishful thinking. I know others swear by it. Probably more people use one than an L-rod. I'm shelving mine.

As with all dowsing, a clear mind is essential. Start thinking or talking to yourself and you might as well forget it.


Yes, like others have said, field dowsing and map dowsing are a world apart in practice. What I've found very useful is to use a chambered pendulum (not necessary, just useful) as it frees my other hand to use a pointer. I use the pendulum for yes/no so it won't be much more sensitive than an L-rod in this instance. However, you can use the pendulum obver the map and, yes, it does feel like its sticking. Also, a Cameron Aurameter is a good device (expensive) if you like a device that locates and points. I find my Meremt pendulum to be the best I've used. See www.emeraldinnovations.co.uk and others Stateside, but to be honest, any hollow vial will do. Of course, a witness is not always required either. Just useful.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom