What's new

Dent’s Run Lawsuit Payout

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
33,142
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read that the Finders Keepers guy Dennis P. received a $26,000 payout from the DOJ over his lawsuit about FOIA violations by the government. He is claiming victory and I have to agree. The fact the government paid sure makes it appear that he was correct about the FBI digging up gold. I don’t know if there was any gold, but this ending sure casts a lot of doubt about the government’s claim of nothing found.
 
I stopped following this many years ago. We used to ride our horses over there for 25 years or so ago. Many rumors were over there then, I think i still have alarge folder on that subject
 
I’m sure that was reimbursement for attorney and court fees related to his suit regarding failure to provide all relevant documents as requested under FOIA laws. Highly doubtful it had anything to do with stolen gold.
 
Soo..directing the FBI to $400 million in gold bars gets you $28,000 dollars rewards after 8 years of viamintly denying it ......
 
Soo..directing the FBI to $400 million in gold bars gets you $28,000 dollars rewards after 8 years of viamintly denying it ......

1783789769987.gif
 
I forgot what the lawsuit was for actually.
It could be part of the FBI not releasing information on time.
I find it hard to believe that it was to do anything with actually finding yellow bricks by the ton.
Was this an admission of guilt by the defendant?
Or was this a goodwill thing that often happens.
"Here you know you have a 10% chance of winning this frivolous lawsuit.
But we're willing to compensate for part of the costs, and you go play in another sandbox".
 
I forgot what the lawsuit was for actually.
It could be part of the FBI not releasing information on time.
I find it hard to believe that it was to do anything with actually finding yellow bricks by the ton.
Was this an admission of guilt by the defendant?
Or was this a goodwill thing that often happens.
"Here you know you have a 10% chance of winning this frivolous lawsuit.
But we're willing to compensate for part of the costs, and you go play in another sandbox".
Yes this was a FOIA lawsuit as far as I recall.
 
Wonder if any of the words on the check were redacted?
 
I read that the Finders Keepers guy Dennis P. received a $26,000 payout from the DOJ over his lawsuit about FOIA violations by the government. He is claiming victory and I have to agree. The fact the government paid sure makes it appear that he was correct about the FBI digging up gold. I don’t know if there was any gold, but this ending sure casts a lot of doubt about the government’s claim of nothing found.
This was a reimbursement of legal fees and includes the stipulation that FK will file no more challenges. I suspect that the costs for DOJ to deal with FK wasn't cheap, so $26k to put an end to it was probably tax money well spent. And if FK accepted the $26k with the agreement to file no more challenges, then they are probably pretty sure there is nothing more to see here.
 
I see that FK will now turn their attention to the Treasury Dept, and try to get mint records showing the arrival of the gold. I expect this to go every bit as well as the FBI efforts. It's funny, the government is now loaded with conspiracy-minded whackadoodles, yet they won't give FK the time of day. If they can't win in this environment, there ain't no winning to be had.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom