---DETECT CORRECTLY OR DONT DETECT--- Have permission - Fill your holes - Dispose of trash properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now this sale isn't too far from my arse (1 hr) Still it's can be an issue of them messing life up.

Now from just purchasing a short while ago, the latest and greatest detector & headphones $2600
I must of totally daft-seriously I thought it was a pretty good deal-BUT!
Looking online and I see this-for a fraction of what mine cost-and it'll go down over 4.5 feet!
Up to 55 inches-wow!
I'm waiting to dig something at 24 inches

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 1.13.40 PM.png

Now there's just too much money out in this world and not enough brains-example of this scary.
5 days left in the auction + the tax/buyer's premium of 28%
Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 1.14.39 PM.png

But they can go to the store and buy it right this minute for $68.73
So there we have it-a newbie is getting ready to be released upon the public domains with the lacking of some brains.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 1.12.51 PM.png

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there looked at that one.
Though you do breath free down there.😉
Definitely easier to do when one is not wearing a mask... it was very busy day people wise.;; saw a person wearing a mask and it actually took me back... heh
in an average day here and many stores etc... you might see a couple of people throughout the day wearing a mask... but 99.9%... no.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definitely easier to do when one is not wearing a mask... it was very busy day people wise.;; saw a person wearing a mask and it actually took me back... heh
in an average day here and many stores etc... you might see a couple of people throughout the day wearing a mask... but 99.9%... no.
We have a close friend that almost sold/and bought one way tickets for the whole extended family. Just to live in FL.
Says a lot when folks believe it's the best State in the country.
Going to mighty crowded though.

Last edited:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know ARC, because of you, all these first time detectorists whom got a brand new detector for Christmas, will be terrified to step out their door with detector in hand. What if they leave a 1/4'' uncovered hole exposed, not filled in. A tiny piece of foil left on the ground. Terrified of you and your "DETECT CORRECTLY'' posse watching every dig. Shame on you.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know ARC, because of you, all these first time detectorists whom got a brand new detector for Christmas, will be terrified to step out their door with detector in hand. What if they leave a 1/4'' uncovered hole exposed, not filled in. A tiny piece of foil left on the ground. Terrified of you and your "DETECT CORRECTLY'' posse watching every dig. Shame on you.
As one of the members of ARC's "Detectorist Inspectors Squadron", we have just recently launched multiple satellites to monitor and enforce all global detecting activities. All Code violators will receive swift and precise punishment through the deployment of low altitude bombs designed to disperse countless corroded Zinc pennies in their location. In addition, "elevator music" will be radiated to their headphones to completely disrupt their detecting activities. Oh, and Happy New Year All!

sats.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... now that's really funny.

Anyway.... heh... all i can say to that is...

good.

Perhaps it will be retained.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be one of the ones you speak of.

:P

Henchman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all of you that are new to this craft.

When you do not adhere to the above three things... you threaten the craft of metal detecting.

I for one... did not spend my life building a relationship with everyone from Park Rangers on to have some "newbie" screw it up because they got a detector and decided they were just going to detect "the way they want" and screw everyone else.
I have shown up a couple of permissions at abandoned home sites to find open holes, and trash on the ground.
Also lost permission at an old military camp because someone entered without permission and left holes everywhere. I'm sure this has something to do with the city no longer allowing detecting on city property as well.

Henchman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, I met a guy two years ago while I was detecting a school yard with permission. He came over and told me he detected and asked if I'd like to detect with him sometime. Then he told me he thought there was a good spot in a local state park. When I told him that was off limits he told me "rules were meant to be broken". He then told me he was having troubles with the ATF over his gun collection. I told him sure, I'd hunt with him, gave him the wrong phone number and skedaddled my tail outta there!! Luckily I haven't bumped into him again but am sure he is out there making messes the rest of us will be blamed for.
I met a guy that told me he detected, and we should detect together sometime as well. Then told me about his YouTube channel. I checked it out to see him digging in a park, which is off limits in our city, with a garden spade. Needless to say, I have never detected with him.

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve worked with mommy’s boys that didn’t know how to pick up or clean up after themselves !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread