DONT LEAVE HOLES - If you don't fill the holes you dig... sell your metal detector... for you shouldn't own one.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES !
Fill your holes - take your trash with you - also if possible, pickup loose trash that was left by other's.
Bottom line - always leave the area you hunt cleaner then when you got there and you'll be welcome back again.
It's just common sense and it's good PR for our hobby.

Good Hunting !

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES !
Fill your holes - take your trash with you - also if possible, pickup loose trash that was left by other's.
Bottom line - always leave the area you hunt cleaner then when you got there and you'll be welcome back again.
It's just common sense and it's good PR for our hobby.

Good Hunting !
Years ago I had a city ranger walk up to me. I asked him if I could set my detector down and put my hand full of tabs in the trash. Nice guy talked for a bit and he ran me, and said he saw I had reported several vandalisms. Ended up with my name on a list so the other rangers wouldn't mess with me, and a job offer to boot! Didn't take the job offer! City pay stinks compared to private sector. So cleaning up your / others mess has perks for your rep.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I had a city ranger walk up to me. I asked him if I could set my detector down and put my hand full of tabs in the trash. Nice guy talked for a bit and he ran me, and said he saw I had reported several vandalisms. Ended up with my name on a list so the other rangers wouldn't mess with me, and a job offer to boot! Didn't take the job offer! City pay stinks compared to private sector. So cleaning up your / others mess has perks for your rep.
Responsible detecting definitely has its perks... you are absolutely correct.

It shows to others that you are serious about your craft and professional at it...
this "M.O" put me on many an "allowed to detect where others cant" list... made some friends that respect your respect in the process... and never ever get hassled...questioned or bothered.

And yes... this same "M.O" has spawned many leads and opportunities that others seldom get.
They see me and wave with a smile.... and i like it that way.
Same with the beach home owners... hotels... they love seeing trash dumped in the cans.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry gang, I didn't want to start a new thread after watching a video about some folks rescuing a baby otter, so thought I would drop it here. You'll see the baby reunited with family members. I thought this might be an interesting beach to detect only after I would have to spend ten years cleaning up the crap. Kinda makes me think there might not be any hope for some parts of the world...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry gang, I didn't want to start a new thread after watching a video about some folks rescuing a baby otter, so thought I would drop it here. You'll see the baby reunited with family members. I thought this might be an interesting beach to detect only after I would have to spend ten years cleaning up the crap. Kinda makes me think there might not be any hope for some parts of the world...

Makes you think. Future archaeologists will be digging all this crap up trying to learn about us. What will they learn? Kinda makes you sick to your stomach don't it.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions