Detecting for one year, just found ring #50 !

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening friends ! Took the MXT out for a spin this afternoon, I've been detecting now for

just over a year and as of todays hunt, have been blessed with 50 rings (one 14k, one copper) silvers

large and small, stone sets and silver bands without stones. Todays silver was a small ring made

from pattern wire , which is simply a silver strip which has a machine pressed pattern stamped on

it. Rings for me are a real thrill to find, probably because i am a part time silversmith/jeweler. When

ever i get those signals that are just off of quarter with my MXT, (81, 82, 83- or 88, 89, 90 ) I get

thinking ring ! My clad total just broke $1050.00 a couple of hunts ago , so i'm very grateful. I

know that pics are the real meat of this forum ,and i promise to put all the rings and silver coins and

jewelry up as soon as i can. Thank you all for the inspiration ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Gregory, can't wait to see your cool finds. I've only found a plastic ring so I don't have any idea how it feels to find a real one. Can't wait to find out....lol......Congrats on your finds and your clad count is terrific! How long did it take you to reach the 1000 mark?

HH,
Pepper

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
hey Gregory

nice going!

I imagine that there are a lot of silver rings, pendants and silver earrings lost in Santa Fe because of all of the silver workers there producing so much ware with their talent. Seems that when i lived there that nearly everyone was wearing silver.

thanks for sharing with us

HH

Sanat

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Pepper for your reply . It took me until just a week or so ago to top the $1000. mark, so

about a year. I've been hunting modern city parks which tend to yield a lot of clad and also rings. High school

and middle scools , are very good places to find silver rings. Go getcha a couple ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sanat said:
hey Gregory

nice going!

I imagine that there are a lot of silver rings, pendants and silver earrings lost in Santa Fe because of all of the silver workers there producing so much ware with their talent. Seems that when i lived there that nearly everyone was wearing silver.

thanks for sharing with us

HH

Sanat

Thanks Sanat, I'm pretty sure the loss rate for jewelry, is about what it would be in most

smaller to moderate sized cities . The style of rings found for example, might be peculiar to the Santa Fe area

but the losses of same , pertain to human behavior in athletic fields, or parks. Happy hunting !

Gregory, Santa Fe.

Nuttdriver

Mar 9, 2008
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/stock 5"x8" coil, NEL Snake 3.5"x6.5" coil and NEL Hunter 12.5"x8.5" coil.
Shadow X2 with 4" (coin sniffer in trash), 7" and 9" coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to have a hobby that pays!!
Nice job! :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is awesome! Can't wait to see the pics.....and for the sun to come out so I can go try and find some of my own! lol Congrats on the clad count and the rings too!

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is a great one year total. You must be hunting beaches, I can't imagine that much clad in one year in the soil I dig in. Are you disc'ing out the pull tabs. With that many silver rings I would have thought that there might be a pretty nice total on gold rings too.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schrecky said:
Man, that is a great one year total. You must be hunting beaches, I can't imagine that much clad in one year in the soil I dig in. Are you disc'ing out the pull tabs. With that many silver rings I would have thought that there might be a pretty nice total on gold rings too.
Hey Schrecky ! Thank you for your reply. I am primarily hunting new city parks. If i was hunting beaches

i would be setting the disc. around the nickel/preset area so as to get the gold. For my 1st year of detecting , I've

been too much of a prima donna to dig anything lower than penny/dime. For the 1st eight months i did'nt even

bother to dig penny/dime , quarters and above only . This year i will lower the disc. at least half the time.

Gregory, Santa Fe.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us the rings. We love pictures. Interesting about your MXT VDI readings for rings. My M-6 (baby Mxt does same thing).

My last silver and Turquoise ring hit like quarter but squeaked and was 86 reading. So you confirmed what I have been thinking about its VDI readings. NOw-how about gold rings.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread