What's new

Detecting in Bermuda??

JHinPA

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
SouthEastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DI6000/Pro & Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! - Wife & I are planning another cruise to Bermuda, with 3 days on the island. The last time I was there, I stoped in a local police station to ask about detecting there. They said no problem & good luck. But as I got to the beach (Horseshoe Bay), the lifeguard said NO WAY! as this was not permitted.
I am looking for info on good beaches to hunt, and good places to stay away from. Advice from anyone who has already been there - done that, or from any of the locals. Thanks!
 
Magneto -
Thanks!! That told me everything I needed to know. I guess I will just leave the detector home this time and spend some more time with my wife ::) The last time I took it, I didn't find all that much since they would not allow me to detect at the state run beaches. I did carry the detector around alot and it was somewhat of a pain in the neck (literally). I carry my surf & water detector in a backpack when traveling and I get a lot of stares, especially from customs agents & TSA types. - JHinPA
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom