Detecting pal body harness

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in my 70's with bad shoulders. I've been detecting since 2003. This is a great hobby far less expensive than playing golf. Living on the Cape, there are beaches everywhere including Nauset Beach in orleans where I prefer hunting during the winter months because the wet sand doesn't freeze and any snow melts quickly. I wish I had purchased this harness when it first became available. Prior to using it the pain would cause me to stop swinging the Equinox after a short period of time so I would switch to my left arm but it seemed awkward because I'm not ambidextrous so the coil was not being parallel and close to the surface. I tired even quicker using the Dual Field. Yesterday using the Detecting pal harness, I had an enjoyable 4 hour hunt until the incoming tide chased me out. Another positive benefit is when using this sling is I find myself walking straight up not hunching over. When recovering target you can let go of the detector and it will hang by the strap or if you must use the pin pointer just unsnap it to set it down. Also it seems that I'm able to keep the coil parallel and closer to the surface with less effort. All in all a wise purchase. I'd give it 5 stars.

Upvote 7

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, I use one when I've had all day hunts and it definitely makes a huge difference.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Minelab Pro-Swing 45 was the harness that really helped me while swinging the Garrett ATX. At 6.9 lbs there was no other way I could swing the detector out of the water out of the water. In the water I can swing the ATX all day with no harness.. One must adapt to whatever will help you enjoy the hobby of Metal Detecting.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a rubber rifle sling for some time, makes the Deus II an easy carry and don't have to lay it down in the sand or worry about where it is in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread