DETECTING365 Free Online Magazine

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"All chauvinistic comments aside" ... that's a joke right?

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many folks here have their own web site. I'm sire a lot do, but I'm also sure most of them aren't much more than brag blogs. That's fine if they are, but it still pays to use the KISS system. And it absolutely pays to keep the site up to date. Its exasperating to find what you're looking for, only to find the site is 5 years old with not one update!

There are several mistakes almost everyone makes when setting one up. One is a super busy background. All background coin image on this site is actually a bit overboard. Music is a real no-no, especially when it repeats ad nosium! Stay on subject! I do have a photo album covering some of my detector finds, and one for my extended family, but everything else is information on operating amateur radio from a vehicle. Learn to use HTML5 and CSS. In another year or so, if your site isn't HTML5 and CSS compatible, you might as well turn it dark. Fancy fonts are nice, but not for reading. New Times Roman, or its on-line equivalent, Geneva, is the best choice. I could go on, but this probably isn't the place to do it.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how many folks here have their own web site. I'm sire a lot do, but I'm also sure most of them aren't much more than brag blogs. That's fine if they are, but it still pays to use the KISS system. And it absolutely pays to keep the site up to date. Its exasperating to find what you're looking for, only to find the site is 5 years old with not one update!

There are several mistakes almost everyone makes when setting one up. One is a super busy background. All background coin image on this site is actually a bit overboard. Music is a real no-no, especially when it repeats ad nosium! Stay on subject! I do have a photo album covering some of my detector finds, and one for my extended family, but everything else is information on operating amateur radio from a vehicle. Learn to use HTML5 and CSS. In another year or so, if your site isn't HTML5 and CSS compatible, you might as well turn it dark. Fancy fonts are nice, but not for reading. New Times Roman, or its on-line equivalent, Geneva, is the best choice. I could go on, but this probably isn't the place to do it.

Have you even been to the site? I have to doubt it because none of what you posted even applies! The site is updated daily, has no music, no errors in the code, is all metal detecting related, updated daily with several contributors writing articles, No fancy fonts etc.

I take it that you just wanted to say... something...

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
e-Trac, F75, GTI 1350, other
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting365 welcomes renowned detecting author and detecting video producer Russ Balbarino as our latest contributing author. Russ's work has appeared in major publications such as Lost Treasure Magazine, Treasure Facts, Gold Prospector's Magazine and Pick & Shovel Gazette. His videos are used by Fisher and Teknetics for information, introduction and instruction. Russ has over 3400 YouTube followers and over 2 million total video views.

DirtScanner tells us about: Going for the Gold!

Rob "Ozarks Detector" waxes poetically about The Reality of Metal Detecting

We're still looking for writers. If you'd like to write for us or have us push your blog posts on D365, hit me up.

Thanks for reading!

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please check out these new articles on detecting365.com:

Speaker for the Dead : The stories your finds tell

Review of DetectorPro Rattler Headphone. Complete with mad cow story.

Detecting365 would like to welcome the Detecting Diva as a new contributor. Her work has been featured in the Searcher Magazine. She is the Newsletter editor for the Northeasters metal detecting club (Stamford, CT), and former editor of the Staten Island History Hunters Newsletter (Staten Island, NY). She is also a board member of the Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation (Detecting Rights - Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation). Welcome Allyson!

Six weeks and still going strong!

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoyed the Speaker for Dead article, nice job bud!

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Detecting Diva gives us the ABC's of Metal Detecting! http://wp.me/p3OF1z-pt

Thinking of starting a metal detecting blog, or moving yours to a better host?
Detecting365 is now offering free detecting blogs with no catches: http://wp.me/p3OF1z-pC

Will detecting ever be completely outlawed? A warning from one possible future: Mad Maxx: The Coming Detecting Apocalypse

Detecting365 provides web, social networking and technical support for TraceTrek, a 444 mile walk by an Iraq War veteran on the Natchez Trace Parkway between Natchez and Nashville: Monitor the walk at TraceTrek

Special shout out to iDetect Metal Detecting Newspaper. Thank-you so much for your support! WeDetect Metal Detecting News

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanted to point you guys to a couple useful articles:

Here's a guide to help people that don't know anything about detectors shop for a first detector, or a gift for a detecting enthusiast:
http://detecting365.com/christmas-sh...ng-enthusiast/

Here's a great Christmas poem by Whit Hill. It is a great bedtime story if you know a young person that Santa is bringing a detector to. Goes over all the basics for them:
http://detecting365.com/night-christ...cting-fantasy/

nightbeforechristmas.png

Merry Christmas everybody!

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little time recently and ventured into the personal links section, a place I have never been on TN and found this post. I have only read a few articles so far but found those very well written. I have to ask you to please reconsider the giant red floating detector logo that leads back to the home page when you click on it. I found it very distracting when I hit the page down and then had to scroll back up so that I could read the section that it was now covering. You already have a less obtrusive smaller version at the top and a home button that serve the same purpose.

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, Ladies and gentlemen! Detecting365 is thawed out from the winter and back with all-new articles at:
Detecting365 - Online Metal Detecting Articles and Tips

We have a heck of a year planned with many incredible new things to server the detecting community. Please check in on us when you can.

I can't wait to get out and post some finds on Treasurenet!!!!!

Best of luck on your next hunt!

Clark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread