What's new

Detector software upgrades

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
Joined
May 19, 2014
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
1,513
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen that the F75 and Tecknetics T2 are now getting software upgrades. Does anyone know if Fisher has any plans to offer software upgrades to any of the other F series detectors? Maybe you might know Woof.
 
Before I sold my F5, it was a version 01. I bought it new when they first came out and it had the plug in coils. I used it until a few months ago, and when I talked to Mike at FTP he said the F5 was up to Version 3 that took care of a few early problems. Not detecting silver dollars was one issue. They thought they had got word out to previous F5 owners, but somehow I slipped through. No big deal. When I sold the F5, Felix at FTP updated it and sent it on to the person (tnrob) that I sold it to. No charge.

I may have missed some silver dollars, but I am still a FTP fan. My F5 was still a great machine.
 
I think that detector manufacturers should equip all their metal detectors with a USB port for downloading the latest software upgrades. But I guess it is more profitable to have the customer send it back to the factory and pay a upgrade fee or just buy the latest detector. Sorta like the non-transferable 5 year warranty.
 
I'm not aware of any such plans.

To bad. It would be nice to see the F5 with the DST code. It would be nice to be able to turn up the gain and have it quite in a EMI enviroment without having to turn down the threshold. Where I hunt there can be a lot of EMI issues.
 
To bad. It would be nice to see the F5 with the DST code. It would be nice to be able to turn up the gain and have it quite in a EMI enviroment without having to turn down the threshold. Where I hunt there can be a lot of EMI issues.
Me too. I feel your pain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom