Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In my transition to Deus after decades of using Minelab detectors exclusively, one of the challenges I personally encountered as one of the newest Deus users, was learning where all the functions and sub-functions were located within the relatively expansive Deus menu! I often thought that a published menu tree would have been very helpful for the then 70 year old brain. Since there was no menu tree in the user manual, I decided to build one of my own but only after becoming very familiar with all the menu options. I then decided to do this somewhat differently than just the conventional menu tree format we've all seen in the past. I would build two. One would be the familiar conventional format while the other, the Function Index, would list all the functions and sub-functions in alphabetical order along with their locations naturally. Using these trees in conjunction with the user manual that explains each function, I felt would be helpful to new Deus users especially. Below are the Menu Tree and the Function Index.
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0712.PNG
    IMG_0712.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0713.PNG
    IMG_0713.PNG
    28 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

idaho7755

Greenie
Jun 26, 2022
In my transition to Deus after decades of using Minelab detectors exclusively, one of the challenges I personally encountered as one of the newest Deus users, was learning where all the functions and sub-functions were located within the relatively expansive Deus menu! I often thought that a published menu tree would have been very helpful for the then 70 year old brain. Since there was no menu tree in the user manual, I decided to build one of my own but only after becoming very familiar with all the menu options. I then decided to do this somewhat differently than just the conventional menu tree format we've all seen in the past. I would build two. One would be the familiar conventional format while the other, the Function Index, would list all the functions and sub-functions in alphabetical order along with their locations naturally. Using these trees in conjunction with the user manual that explains each function, I felt would be helpful to new Deus users especially. Below are the Menu Tree and the Function Index.
View attachment 2114529

View attachment 2114530
Excellent- thanks !!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Thank you for doing that. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ALSO want to thank you ColonelDan for all your ideas and input :)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great info Dan!

Thank you for doing all that work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread