Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been hunting our Florida beaches for more than a few years now and will say that in his most recent videos, Calabash answered several important questions I had regarding the Deus 2 performance in a challenging salt water environment.
Stability
Sensitivity
Separation

Yes, I'm also interested in depth but more so in the 3 areas listed above but that's just the view from my foxhole.

In a little more than 15 minutes, Calabash did a very good job in demonstrating the general capabilities of the Deus 2 in that salt water environment that drives many detectors nuts. He also demonstrated that XP is now giving Minelab a real run for its money. So much so that based on what I could research and now validated by Calabash, I've ordered a Deus 2....and this from a long time Minelab devotee.

As for Separation, this was an impressive demonstration. Bottle caps are one of the two banes of a beach hunters life. When I read of the bottle cap discrim function, I was concerned about the potential for masking of good targets. Surprisingly, that was not the case as Calabash shows.

Check out these videos. I think they'll assuage many doubts you may harbor concerning this latest technology from XP. I'll be doing more testing on my beaches when I receive the Deus 2 and will provide comments....but keep in mind, those personal comments are worth only as much as you had to pay for them! :laughing7:

:icon_thumleft: Good Job Calabash...

Last edited:

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add to Calabash's video, the waterproof controller with the Deus 2 is a big deal! I'd imagine there will be less leaking problems than what the Nox experiences.

Thanks for the demo, Calabash.

Detectingguru

Apr 18, 2022
I've been hunting our Florida beaches for more than a few years now and will say that in his most recent videos, Calabash answered several important questions I had regarding the Deus 2 performance in a challenging salt water environment.
Stability
Sensitivity
Separation

Yes, I'm also interested in depth but more so in the 3 areas listed above but that's just the view from my foxhole.

In a little more than 15 minutes, Calabash did a very good job in demonstrating the general capabilities of the Deus 2 in that salt water environment that drives many detectors nuts. He also demonstrated that XP is now giving Minelab a real run for its money. So much so that based on what I could research and now validated by Calabash, I've ordered a Deus 2....and this from a long time Minelab devotee.

As for Separation, this was an impressive demonstration. Bottle caps are one of the two banes of a beach hunters life. When I read of the bottle cap discrim function, I was concerned about the potential for masking of good targets. Surprisingly, that was not the case as Calabash shows.

Check out these videos. I think they'll assuage many doubts you may harbor concerning this latest technology from XP. I'll be doing more testing on my beaches when I receive the Deus 2 and will provide comments....but keep in mind, those personal comments are worth only as much as you had to pay for them! :laughing7:

:icon_thumleft: Good Job Calabash...

Just another button basher 🤣🤣🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread