Deus 2 RC , MI 6 pinpointer, connectivity issue question ??

Bob in Oregon

Aug 31, 2017
N.W. Oregon
Detector(s) used
GPX, SD2200d
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Holidays !!
Iā€™ve posted this on another board and wanted to give it a shot here also
My DEUS 2 RC and MI 6 are paired and programmed to hear the pinpointer through the WS 6 headphones. Iā€™m using Version 1.1
I have used it mostly without any issues except when I delete and add a new program, the pinpointer remains paired to the RC BUT, you canā€™t hear it through the headphones, the pinpointing screen on the remote doesnā€™t come up when you want to pinpoint something in the holeā€¦ā€¦ and there isnā€™t any coil noise through the headphones eitherā€¦. Complete silence.
Only after unpairing and then re-pairing the pinpointer to the RC does it work again on all the programs Including the new added program
Any ideas ?
I havenā€™t encountered this using the Deus 1 Iā€™ve been swinging the last 7+ years
Additionally, after getting the D2 and pinpointer re-paired to each other and functioning normally, it will connect most of the time.
There are however times I canā€˜t get it to connect to the remote after trying 2 or 3 times and then it will finally connect.
Thoughts, opinions and commentā€™s always welcome.
Best,
Bob

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
Happy Holidays !!
Iā€™ve posted this on another board and wanted to give it a shot here also
My DEUS 2 RC and MI 6 are paired and programmed to hear the pinpointer through the WS 6 headphones. Iā€™m using Version 1.1
I have used it mostly without any issues except when I delete and add a new program, the pinpointer remains paired to the RC BUT, you canā€™t hear it through the headphones, the pinpointing screen on the remote doesnā€™t come up when you want to pinpoint something in the holeā€¦ā€¦ and there isnā€™t any coil noise through the headphones eitherā€¦. Complete silence.
Only after unpairing and then re-pairing the pinpointer to the RC does it work again on all the programs Including the new added program
Any ideas ?
I havenā€™t encountered this using the Deus 1 Iā€™ve been swinging the last 7+ years
Additionally, after getting the D2 and pinpointer re-paired to each other and functioning normally, it will connect most of the time.
There are however times I canā€˜t get it to connect to the remote after trying 2 or 3 times and then it will finally connect.
Thoughts, opinions and commentā€™s always welcome.
Best,
Bob
I have this issue sometimes randomly but in my case it's probably user error.

What I do is cycle through the pinpointer modes to the pair one and it fixes it every time

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine does this randomly and just turning the pinpointer off and then back on fixes the issue. Usually happens one or two times a hunt.

Sounds like what you're experiencing is a little different. If I had that issue I would do a reinstall of the software on the RC.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread