Deus depth on quarter

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the deepest you've hit? I picked up a new f75 ltd and it could not find a freshly buried quarter @ 8" in my yard, my cz7a pro could on the other hand, it kicked ass. Having said that now that the quarter has been buried 3 weeks my f75 can finally see it. Those cz7a pro's are quite the machine in their own right. My other test was a plastic container full of dirt with a freshly buried quarter at 5 1/2 inches, and a 2" bent nail above and off to the side. The f75 can not see it yet but the cz saw it right off the bat but only with disc wide open. I love that little cz, fisher should keep making them. They are fantastic little machines :)

I had a nasa Tom tuned CZ-3d and there is nothing that my F75 wouldnt do better. and that was before the upgrade. I have a 10.5 inch quarter in my test garden that has been there a few years and the F75 will hit it at 60% sense. How many freshly dropped coins do you find at 8"? A coin at 8" has been in the ground 50 years or more. Depth is good on the CZ machines(no better than F75) but target seperation especially in iron is where the F75 will stomp the older Fishers.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see why arguements come up about F75, I'va had, and tested a few of them, no less than 5 or 6. I've never seen one get the full 15 inches as advertized, and the performance seems quite inconsistant, the one I have right now will hit a quarter at 13 inches wide open in BP.

Sorry a little off topic, but I am here looking for Deus info, seems I "just have to have one"

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With regard to the quarter depth, settings are everything. If you have reactivity low and sens high, you can pick up a quarter at 14.5" in an air test. Diggable signal. Of course that's air, but that's what I could test in January in MA when I read Andy's book and messed around with settings a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread