Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 I'd like to know what all can be controlled by the headphones only, No Remote.

Or would the list be much shorter if I said "what can't be adjusted by headphones only ?"

Can you access silencer, reactivity, frequency offset, adjust the frequency and cutoff points of the tones ?

#2 I see the "watch strap" for mounting the WS4 module on, with this setup module on your wrist do the headphones still work ?

It seems I got to try one of these on the good old iron patches, and figure I could live without the remote, if it is completely controlable with the phones, at least to give it a "try"

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
This is from the manual, page 28. If you don't already have the manual, it's here: http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/images/update_deus/User_manual_UK_V3.0_WEB.pdf

These functions can be controlled from the headphones:

Discrimination
Sensitivity
Ground (balance)
Frequency
Number of Tones
Audio volume
Selected coil
Factory programs (which can be modified to a limit with above settings)

Off the top of my head it looks like reactivity, silencer, TX and iron volume cannot be adjusted via the headphones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GG
That does help a lot So if a person dose want to adjust the tones, they will need the Remote.

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
XLT, Blisstool V3, Nokta fors, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer to # 2. Is no. Once you remove the puck from the headphones you break electrical contact with the speakers. To use the wrist band holder for the puck and hear the audio you must purchase the back plate adaptor which has a small headphone jack. Then you must use wired headphones or earbuds. If you are going to get a Deus I suggest you purchase the package that contains the control box and then decide which headphone style you want. I just went through this two months ago when I bought mine. You can't get new components any cheaper then with your initial purchase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread