🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lost my hunting partner today.:cussing:
It was a good run....
5 years, almost $500 in clad, hundreds of silvers, countless relics, an honorable mention, and 2 banners.
I knew the end was near, her subtle cracks, worn handle.... it was only a matter of time.
065CC8DF-EB29-4A16-8713-77ABB42F8106.jpeg

Rest In Peace my dear friend. You’ll be missed.:angel11:

Upvote 30
I'm Very Sorry For Your Loss...I'd hate to lose mine like that...It's horrible to see that happen.

Kace

I think I’ll have six (beers) and watch the game. You like that Fiskars digger? Looks mean.

Feel better BWD. Better Things - The Kinks

My gosh! That’s some extreme digging you two must have done. Don’t be sad be proud and remember the good time you two have had getting down n dirty.

Though you were a little shovel, you had a big shovels heart. R.I.P. little guy.

I lost my hunting partner today.:cussing:
It was a good run....
5 years, almost $500 in clad, hundreds of silvers, countless relics, an honorable mention, and 2 banners.
I knew the end was near, her subtle cracks, worn handle.... it was only a matter of time.
View attachment 1670364

Rest In Peace my dear friend. You’ll be missed.:angel11:

Never turn your back on a loyal partner. Think about it, you'd take your dog to the vet....right!? Find yourself a digger doctor!

Sending my sympathies Dave. I know that somewhere out there in this world we live in, there is another, who will make you just as happy. Good luck !

Man I hate it when I lose a good digger. They're getting hard to find. RIP

g

Dave, I'd see how much it would cost to weld her back together, it can't be much, bet it's cheaper than buying a new one. I always keep my eyes open for a deal. I lucked into a slightly used Lesche for $25 as a spare. I have loaned it out to noobs I've taken detecting.

If you decide to throw it away or throw it in the scrap pile think about this.... Have a message engraved on it and bury it someplace for a future detectorist to find.

As it is whith great sites that eventally stop producing, so it is with digging tools. You might consider putting her remains in a display case or mounting them on a plaque.

I didn't know that kind of failure was possible with a Leche !
He read my mind

5 years?? Wow, yours lasted quite a while. I worn mine down in about three years.
View attachment 1670517
I'm voting honerable mention for both of you super humans!
I don't think I could do that standing on mine.
The only thing I can figure is you guys are digging in and through concrete, especially you sjvalleyhunter. Looks like you used a grinder to wear that down to such a nub. Must of been rubbing and rubbing that poor Lesch on concrete

I'm voting honerable mention for both of you super humans!
I don't think I could do that standing on mine.
The only thing I can figure is you guys are digging in and through concrete, especially you sjvalleyhunter. Looks like you used a grinder to wear that down to such a nub. Must of been rubbing and rubbing that poor Lesch on concrete

Well the 115 degree days during our summers here in central California essentially make the dirt as hard as concrete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back