What's new

DFX Coils

brian11

Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Francisco Bay area
Detector(s) used
DFX
I have a DFX and so far only have used the 9.5 coil that came with it. Now I am looking at getting a better coil for beach hunting. Any ideas? / Opinions? I have heard suggestions from the D2 to 12 "spider" or "bigfoot'. What do you think? :help:
 
The people I know with the DFX use the 6x10DD Eclipse for everything and Having hunted with them.they find the best and most and swear by that coil.
 
Since beaches are generally lots of acreage & the soft sand makes things go deep in a hurry, I'd guess what is wanted may be the biggest coil (for fast coverage) that improves depth on single coins & whatever type of jewelry you hope to find.

There are about $3,000 worth of coils for the DFX/MXT/M6 between what Whites & other mfrs make. Most of the non-Whites coils are Detech, sold exclusively in USA by Kellyco. Visiting the Jimmy Sierra, Kellyco & White's sites will give you a pretty good picture of the choices.

I had a Jimmy Sierra 12.5" concentric "Hot Shot" coil on a M6 & it did better at IDing deeper, getting coins on edge & small jewelry. Of course other large coils can probably do this. I would hate to decide for you which coil might be best, as I haven't tested them all. I'd say buy used if you can, then if you don't like the coil as much as hoped, you can sell it without much loss. Most of the used coils are seen on eBay. HH, George (MN)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom