Dfx Lessons. Paid In Silver

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
What's up everyone. A friend of mine just bought a dfx a few weeks ago and wanted me to show him how to use it. He picked me and my 2 boys up and we headed out. He took us to a old park. I actually lived behind it years ago and never really gave it to much thought. It's the type of park that is hidden.

When I got there I knew for sure it was from the 1800's. I showed him a few quick tips and we went on our way. It was slow at first and for most of the day. This is another hunted out park. I took the 1400 today in hopes that the site didn't have alot of trash. It was moderate and I was able to still separate.

The first old item found was a really nice 1898 barber dime on the surface. It had a little mud on it and I then knew they didn't get it all. I dug a few wheat's here and there. I then found a small old ring. I then got a really strong signal in the high 80's at 8.5 inches deep. I really love this coil. It reads targets loud at those depths. I dug down under a root and found 2 mercs in the same hole. I was happy with 3 silvers to show for. We were there for about 2.5 hrs.

By the time I met up with my friend he was so frustrated with the dfx he was ready to throw it over a mountain. I told him to chill out this unit takes alot of time to learn. Silver coins don't just jump in your pouch with a dfx. I feal really lucky to have mastered a awesome unit because now I can find things anywhere with that edge.

This unit isn't for the impatient. But if you learn it well it is a great detector. He calmed down showed me his finds and I told him that it was pretty good. He had no old coins one nice old button and some clad. It takes a long time to learn this unit.

I now have a new spot to detect. There is a ton of area and I expect some more good finds from this place. This hobby is all about patients and persistence and a good set of ears couldn't hurt.

I took a pic for you all to show you that my silver is dirty and looks bad also when it comes out.

Thanks for looking

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• 3 Silvers Today.jpg
    3 Silvers Today.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 613
  • 3 silvers cleaned.jpg
    3 silvers cleaned.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 4 wheats and a ring.jpg
    4 wheats and a ring.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0

krazyglue

Jul 16, 2005
portage,in
Nice finds. As sore as we all get from them all day hunts it's just too hard to stop detecting. DFX is definitely a machine that takes mastering and patience. I had two of them before switching to the MXT. I just couldn't get it right. The MXT is great, but I do miss all the super features that the DFX has.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks guys. Yeah Crazy Glue your right. The dfx takes alot of time and patience. I have been running it for 5 years and not to bost but I am close to master on the unit. The mxt is a awesome detector also. It's like the dfx but doesn't have all the features I like to use. For someone who doesn't want to take thousands of hrs on the dfx to learn it. The mxt is the detector to use. It's like the dfx alot. If it weren't for the contacts I knew 5 yrs ago I may not have become a master on the unit. I knew some white's engineers and some guys who have used white's for 40 yrs explain to me over and over again what the dfx adj are for. They have also told me a few secrets on the unit. I just took it from there and now I'm a teacher.

Good Luck To All

HH Jer

krazyglue

Jul 16, 2005
portage,in
Might give it another try sometime in the future but it would be hard to break away from the MXT. It's hard to beat Whites detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread