What's new

Dialing for halves, first SBA dollars in rolls, 6 40% in $510 face searched

utah hunter

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
724
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I decided to call some of the bigger local banks instead of wasting gas and standing in line to sometimes get a few halves(literally!). I haven't got enough money to buy a full box yet, but I will next week. One bank said they had $510 face, so I said I'd be there in 15 minutes and to hold them for me. The results are decent in my book. I got 3 SBA dollars in the middle of 2 different rolls. I had read that in another post and thought that was strange, but here they are, all 1979 with 2 P's and a D mint. The halves are a 65, 66, 67(2), 68-d, and 69-d. My 15 year old son loves to hunt the halves with me, so good family time to boot. Thanks for looking and thanks for all the posts, I love reading about everyones success and have several new heroes in the CRH section to add to my heroes in the MD section...Ryan
 

Attachments

  • 1parai 009.webp
    1parai 009.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
Another nice job UH. Searching with your son is what I call good quality time....so kudos to both of you.

Finding those dollar coins in the middle of rolls are strange huh....lol. I really think these folks thought they were quarters and were trying to rip the bank off. That is the only explanation I can think of.

I once found a full roll of dollar coins in a half dollar wrapper. This roll came from a bank vault. When I grabbed the roll it was so loose because the diameter of dollar coins are smaller than a half dollar. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm...........

Good luck on your box next week....it's going to be fun....keep us posted. Thanks for the pictures. Keep em coming........
 
It is fun with my 15 year old. My 13 year old son loves to run his fingers through a pile of loose halves, my 10 year old daughter looked for a minute and wanted to see the good ones but doesn't want to actually search, and my 7 and 4 year old sons like to take the halves we have looked through and create half dollar pictures on the floor. My wife is too busy running her company right now to notice much of what we are doing, but she loves it when I have the kids distracted so she can get more work done on her computer. A true family hobby :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom