austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you boys and girls have something new to search for up there in the great white north. Good hunting...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DGF

DGF

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2012
43.458112 -88.837767
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it will generate a lot of interest. Years ago a company had done a lot of research to locate any kimberlite spots. None were found and said the diamonds were just a part of the glacial till brought down from Canada. Not very many have been found but is a great thing to be on the lookout for. Most of the diamonds were found by people panning for gold before the turn of the 20th century.

Then there was the woman who found a large diamond in the gravel along a road in Montana..... They are there. Just have to know what they look like in the rough.

Upvote 0

bottolfsonr

Sep 28, 2012
new richmond, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dgf you must be from Wisconsin area? I've been panning in this area for a year now. I'm pretty sure Dan found that diamond in a known gold panning location. I happened to be here that same day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DGF

DGF

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2012
43.458112 -88.837767
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born here in Wisconsin and will probably die here too. Beautiful place, rich in history with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Hope never to be done doing that.

Upvote 0

bottolfsonr

Sep 28, 2012
new richmond, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DGF said:
Born here in Wisconsin and will probably die here too. Beautiful place, rich in history with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Hope never to be done doing that.

It is really nice country I was thinking of moving to Colorado for a year or two. But who knows just met a nice group of people who formed a prospecting group in bayport mn. Will see how it goes

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread