What's new

Did I do good?

coincollector101

Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
534
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
I Wanted a Silver Dollar I found two on ebay that the guy did not know what he had and listed it wrong.
Did I do good I got two morgans for 31.98 shipped?
A 1882 S and a 1897 O.

Thanks,
CC
 

Attachments

  • 1882f.webp
    1882f.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 1882b.webp
    1882b.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 1897f.webp
    1897f.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 1897b.webp
    1897b.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
I think you did pretty good. The 1882 S is in decent shape.
 
the first one is worth $18, and the second on is worth $20. you did pretty good!
 
At reasonable coin shops,I see morgans in that shape going for between $11 & $13,depending on the spot price at the time.

Of course there are shops who try to charge more than this,but I don't know if they sell many of them.

They buy them at between $7 & $9.

So it depends on who runs the shops where you buy coins.If your happy with the price you paid and if Morgans normally sell for more than $16 at the shops near where you live,then you did good.
 
CC....I think that is a decent price. $15.99 each is pretty good I think. It's not like they are common date 1921 Morgans. Nice.
 
i looked them up in the redbook. the redbook has kindof high prices though. :)
 
I cant wait for them to get here to see them in person! ;D

I know I would do harm to them cleaning them.I never clean any of my coins.
But Would It be safe for me to use a cotton cloth to rub them gently and get the top layer of dirt and grime off them?

CC
 
coincollector101 said:
I cant wait for them to get here to see them in person! ;D

I know I would do harm to them cleaning them.I never clean any of my coins.
But Would It be safe for me to use a cotton cloth to rub them gently and get the top layer of dirt and grime off them?

CC
These are not key dates or even tough to find at all,so you couldn't lower their value by cleaning them.Their value is intrinsic only.Actually COMMON date Morgans are bought and sold just like old silver dimes,quarters,halves etc,Based on the spot price of silver.

Overall it is a bad habit to clean coins but if you wanted to polish these up to make them display better,you can't make them worth any less than they are now ;).The only way they can be worth any less is if silver spot goes down :(.

If the only shop near you sells common date Morgans for $22 & up than you got a good deal,but I would be careful and check around before you buy anything from HIM.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom