DID YOU KNOW ...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On this date in 1887, the first Groundhog Day was celebrated at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Pa. Originally, the Germans relied on the hedgehog for weather predictions, but their immigrant counterparts in America switched to the groundhog because the rodent is more plentiful there. According to tradition, if a groundhog comes out of its hole on this day and sees its shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. No shadow means an early spring.

Source: history.com

I don't want anymore winter..how about you?

NJ

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Did you know....that "Gobble" is Brit' slang for a b***job, and "knob" is slang for what you call "a weiner"? They fit well together, but if you ever visit there the lunatics rolling on the floor laughing and taking lots of photo's next to the "welcome to Gobblers knob" sign...will be Brit' tourists!!! :laughing9:

(sorry for being smutty, but comical signs and names etc are a hobby of mine. Sweden's full of them lol.)

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano Sverige said:
Did you know....that "Gobble" is Brit' slang for a b***job, and "knob" is slang for what you call "a weiner"? They fit well together, but if you ever visit there the lunatics rolling on the floor laughing and taking lots of photo's next to the "welcome to Gobblers knob" sign...will be Brit' tourists!!! :laughing9:

(sorry for being smutty, but comical signs and names etc are a hobby of mine. Sweden's full of them lol.)

I knew both slang terms but did not even think about it when I posted the information above...lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread