Differences between living in the USA and the Dominican Republic

Jarbacoagold

Feb 23, 2010
Jarabacoa
1) The only people Gold prospecting are Foreigners
2) Milk comes in a box with a 3+ month shelf life
3) Nobody walks their dogs, they walk their roosters
4) Drivers license, who needs a stinkin' license.
5) Traffic lights. They have to have a policeman direct traffic under the lights.
6) Drinking is permitted anywhere, I mean anywhere. While driving, Walking down the street, ect....
7) Hot water is a luxury.
Cool 1.6 million motorcycles in the country, 584 thousand street legal, less than 2000 people licensed to drive them.
9) Ice, whats that?
10) Everyone owns some sort of livestock

More to come......

Attachments

• man and rooster.jpg
    man and rooster.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,173
  • panofgold2.jpg
    panofgold2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,019
Upvote 0

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice! Usually prospectors here, use the equipment like sluices, high banker, or dry washer to get concentrates. A plastic pan then, is used to swirl around the concentrates, move the black sand away from the gold. This is done in a 14" pan, held level and about 2" of water. You move the pan in a circular motion...gold stays different places, the black sand piles up in one spot. A small plastic squeeze bottle (snuffer bottle) with a tube and full of water, turned upside down, to suck up small bits of gold from the pan.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reason that chickens are so "popular" is cockfighting is very popular and is often a source of both income and pride to them -- the losing cock is often cooked and eaten with a few "el presidente" beers by the cock fighter loser and his freinds

Yep,I was going to explain the rooster walking.....its that way in many foreign countries

shamaalah

Mar 18, 2009
Boss, hows the pickins been lately. Im almost done building two 4 in dredges. I was going to take them to PR but now Im thinking DR instead. I was there 2007 and loved it. Are you getting market value for your gold? 4-5 grams a day is phenomenal especially for DR. your rollin in it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread