Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a couple of spots the last few times out. It's HOT, the ground is hard, and my digging hand is killing me LOL. I returned to my NWMP button farm and found another cuff button which made me really happy. Then I dug the goldish (plated?) cufflink. The surname of the family who settled here starts with B, and the cuff has a B engraved so I was pumped to be able to make the connection. The other cuff with red stone was found at a different location. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088203.106204.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088581.343315.jpg

Lots of odds 'n ends ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088287.921210.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088551.793592.jpg

Farm iron ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088333.887630.jpg

At one of my fav spots I could literally dig head stamps and shell casings until the cows come home. It's endless. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088398.685670.jpg

Lead, mostly railway seals ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088442.096471.jpg

Is this a trigger guard?! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088483.962099.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470088520.617163.jpg

I had to dig my butt off to find some keepers but it was worth it. Any newbies reading this should take note of just how many holes it can sometimes take to find something decent. Keep digging my friends.

Upvote 32

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks to be a plastic trigger guard from a Savage/Stevens/Springfield .22. Great finds!!! d2

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!! You are right,, sometimes our post are misleading. You have to dig a lot of holes and even then it doesn't always pay off. Thanks for posting[emoji106]

HH RN

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super finds!!!! :occasion14:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs!! Congrats and HH

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow that is a lot of dirt digging. yech. Especially in this dry ground. That is a trigger guard. i don't know why somebody thinks it is plastic.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; SUGGESTION: Return the B Cufflink to the Family. They will love you for it and it could open up other areas you could not dig before. Also, By returning it I and others would most likely Vote Honorable Mention for you as well. Nice finds. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!! You are right,, sometimes our post are misleading. You have to dig a lot of holes and even then it doesn't always pay off. Thanks for posting[emoji106]

HH RN

Thanks, and you're right--many times I come home with only a bag of junk

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a lot of dirt digging. yech. Especially in this dry ground. That is a trigger guard. i don't know why somebody thinks it is plastic.

I didn't think it was plastic, but I just went and double checked. It's definitely metal. It doesn't look terribly old, but I'm going to try and find out exactly what gun it's from.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; SUGGESTION: Return the B Cufflink to the Family. They will love you for it and it could open up other areas you could not dig before. Also, By returning it I and others would most likely Vote Honorable Mention for you as well. Nice finds. PEACE:RONB

Thanks BARKER. When I first got permission the owner told me I could keep everything I found as long as I marked the items as coming from the family farm. The cufflink would have belonged to the owner's great (or great-great) grandfather. Next time I see him I will see if he is interested!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didn't think it was plastic, but I just went and double checked. It's definitely metal. It doesn't look terribly old, but I'm going to try and find out exactly what gun it's from.

I know you didn't. D2, did, the first poster on your thread. Good luck finding the gun it came off.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS THERE CACHE .

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds, Cache...certainly a LOT of targets there, you are most definitely on a very relic-rich site! As far as returning the cuff link...just like Barker sez...I recently cleaned and presented a suspender clip with an "M" monogram on it to the homeowner.(her great grandparents were Miller's)..and you would have thought I handed her a box of gold coins! Then on the other hand, I've presented homeowners with carefully cleaned and preserved relics...to simply be shoved in their pocket with nary a word...just my personal experience...but I'm looking forward to see what all else pops out of the ground there...thx...ddf

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive haul buddy, the monogrammed cufflink is the prize for sure. Any idea what the brass frame is the in top right corner of picture three?

Thanks a lot Jon, I was happy when the cuff popped out. I dug a lot of holes for few keepers.

I think that brass piece was once part of a clock. I've found many over the years, often with more clock guts with them. This one was by itself.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds, Cache...certainly a LOT of targets there, you are most definitely on a very relic-rich site! As far as returning the cuff link...just like Barker sez...I recently cleaned and presented a suspender clip with an "M" monogram on it to the homeowner.(her great grandparents were Miller's)..and you would have thought I handed her a box of gold coins! Then on the other hand, I've presented homeowners with carefully cleaned and preserved relics...to simply be shoved in their pocket with nary a word...just my personal experience...but I'm looking forward to see what all else pops out of the ground there...thx...ddf

That's great that you returned that suspender clip and she was so happy. It can be very rewarding when they appreciate the piece and can feel the historical connection. It would definitely be a letdown if they didn't really care.

I think the property owner in my case would be happier for me to enjoy the cufflink as long as I do as he asked and label the piece as coming from his family farm. When I found my first NWMP button (my first banner find) on the property he thought it was cool, handed it back to me and told me to have fun and good luck.

HOWEVER, I will be showing this cufflink to him and see if he or another family member would like it.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very productive hunt, lots of targets. Sweet!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is a great relic hunt! Thank you for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread