VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the temp at 70 degrees, I had to go hunting. Doug was busy in his store and Josh was still resting from working last night, I made a solo trip to a large U.S. camp. I decided to check a field we had lightly hunted before with limited results. It produced only 2 fired bullets and WW2 maneuvers relics.
My F75 had a good signal when our friend the landowner stopped by to visit and see if I had dug anything exciting. While he was there, I dug the signal and it was a dropped bullet. When he headed home, I started digging campfire lead. As you can see on the Doug Snyder “Relic Rag”, I dug a lot of campfire lead. Along with that lead, I dug 5 dropped Type III Williams Cleaner bullets, one .56 cal. Colt Revolving Rifle bullet, & a pistol ball. My finds since 11-25 at the same site are shown on the black background. Dig that campfire lead! Enjoy the video.
HH & Merry Christmas from the Tennessee Trio, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1781.JPG
    DSCN1781.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1782.JPG
    DSCN1782.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1784.JPG
    DSCN1784.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
Upvote 10
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come on, you 2! It's pretty apparent you guys are sitting on just about the best CW site in the Volunteer State. We aren't all dummies here on TNet. You can stop all that " hunted out " stuff, lol.

Per Tenn. Digger, that site was discovered in the early 1980s & the guy who found it hunted it solo for nearly 2 years before the word got out to local hunters. The landowner let everyone hunt and the local hunters hit it hard but it's a large property. Then, about 12 years ago (per the landowner) the hunters got to be a nuisance and he stopped ALL hunting. I didn't know this when I asked for permission for the Trio to hunt. I guess I said the right things and had good references. We were lucky to get on there. To date, we have dug 625 relics from there but it was far from a virgin site. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy is right Old Dude. Some of the early hunters would always say "Ah hell, that place is cleaned out, you might find a bullet or two, waste of time" I keep telling Quindy that it IS cleaned out but he won't listen! :laughing7:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donnie, add 14 to the box from that site that I have not added to that site box yet. Thanks, Q.

With all that settling that has taken place ,your gonna have fun moving Cleaners around to fit 14 + more.
Also
Very nice finds Q , Like those 56 Colts .

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves Quindy! Merry Christmas my friend.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for taking time to reply: sutphin, Nana, relic nut, Breezie, Dman, Old Dude, tennessee digger (Donnie), parsonwalker, N.O., Professor of Engineering, JB, Steve of PA (here's to mild weather & brass Steve), Chris, DI2, Davers, & Richard (Valley Ranger) who I know liked J.P.'s print "Mosby's Rangers in Warrenton".
Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope 2016 has lots of old coins & relics in your future. Hopefully, I will dig enough relics to post another video before Christmas. O.D., I did make pics of the Nashville CW show & they will be in the next video. HH, Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeyQ ,
Nice finds as usual . Weather looks good for some hunting even a full moon on Christmas night .
Merry Christmas to you and yours . :icon_santa:

Mike aka daWG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread