What's new

Digging coins -best method, best tool

Dan Hughes

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
472
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Can you dig a coin without leaving any evidence that you were there?

What is the best digging tool? The best digging method?

My latest podcast discusses these topics, and discusses the most-respected digger (and an inferior imitation to avoid).

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

---Dan Hughes
 
Great technique.
I agree - you don't need fancy tools, although once you get used to the
Lesche tool you get hooked for life.

I also like a simple garden weeding tool - - this one has a fulcrum bend in it
so you can just stab and pry the coin up. (good for shallow coins).

BTW, you have a great speaking voice and would go a long way
in radio or something.

:icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • weeder.webp
    weeder.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 221
UncleVinnys said:
BTW, you have a great speaking voice and would go a long way
in radio or something.

Aha! You didn't read my bio! I was in radio for 40 years, first majoring in broadcasting in college, then as DJ, and sports director, and news director, and for 26 years I ran a college radio station and taught broadcasting at Parkland College (Champaign, IL): http://danhughes.net
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom