halfdime
Silver Member
- Joined
- Oct 31, 2006
- Messages
- 4,518
- Reaction score
- 1,499
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Zelienople
- Detector(s) used
- White's XLT
After four days of dreaming what we'd find in our next privy dig, Kiros32 and I met at our ghost town to pursue our fantasies. We found a huge trove of bottles (mostly) in our first pit and were hoping for more of the same today. Digging was much easier today; we were able to sift almost from the beginning, but what we found most were pieces of china and glass. At one point, I found a piece of metal that looked interesting, but it was so badly rusted that I just threw it out of the hole. We dug and sifted for about four hours, stopping only for a brief break to take a picture of all of last week's finds; Kiros32 will be posting that picture somewhere, either here or in the other thread. Eventually, we got somewhere in the four to five feet level when a few small bottles appeared intact. As daylight was fading rapidly, I went down in the hole and announced: "I've found some sort of pipe." It was double-barrelled pipe, as in shotgun! Kiros32 took it home to clean and he'll also post that. I found another one of those interesting rusted pieces and realized I was looking at a toy truck! I remembered immediately throwing another one out of the hole and we found it- sure enough, it was a truck. Then I found a third, and I'm pretty sure there is a fourth out of the hole but it was getting too dark to find. What happened, I surmise, is that big or little sister was peeved with her male sibling and threw his trucks in the potty! These trucks are in the 8 inch range, quite a toy back in the day! Only then, the potty was many feet deep and retrieval wasn't an option! We ran out of daylight before hitting bottom, so we'll pick up where we left off the next time. It seems like we were just getting to good stuff, so hopefully there will be more treasure to show next time. Alas, in the course of digging our way to China, we had to pause (briefly, it is hoped) in Qatar, where Col. halfdime is serving our country; I hope he enjoys reading this post! 

Attachments
Upvote
0








