What's new

Dime bag was short - Should I ask for my 7 cents?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since I posted since all I've been finding are the occasional roosie and war nickel. I picked up a bag of dimes from one of my banks this week and was absolutely amazed to find an 1881 3 cent nickel. I showed it to the manager and asked if I could get my other 7 cents. She just laughed :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • 1881 3 cent.webp
    1881 3 cent.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0
You are on a tear with old coins lately! nice work on that little sweety, HH.

Chuck.
 
Nice find. Certainly one I'd love to get but would never dream of finding one. Great score...

Mojo
 
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gr8 score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up and hh!
 
Tattooguy67 said:
You are on a tear with old coins lately! nice work on that little sweety, HH.

Chuck.

Thanks. Yes, it has been an exceptional year for old stuff since I've also gotten a V nickel and a Morgan Dollar out of my banks:)
 
Looks to be in nice shape too. Really neat.
 
coinmojo said:
Nice find. Certainly one I'd love to get but would never dream of finding one. Great score...

Mojo
CHAINCHOMP said:
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gr8 score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up and hh!

Thanks. It is certainly one I never figured on finding in a bag. I guess it just goes to show that if you look long enough and at enough coins eventually everything and anything can show up.
 
Awesome Score!! Don't see those in that good of shape too often!!!

Keep it up!

-bigJ
 
Wow!! Or in this case triple Wow!! Just curious, but does it have a reeded edge, like a dime or quarter or a smooth edge, like a penny or nickel?

That is a very beautiful coin.
 
dave5710 said:
Wow!! Or in this case triple Wow!! Just curious, but does it have a reeded edge, like a dime or quarter or a smooth edge, like a penny or nickel?

That is a very beautiful coin.

It has a smooth edge.
 
I'll swap you a silver roosie if it will make you feel better. I hate getting cheated too :(
 
Whoooo, thats a awsome find! Never though I would see someone find that in circulation. I ended up having one given to me for my type set.
 
Excellent find!

HH
-GC
 
if you really want 7 cents, send me the 3 cent nickle, I'll gladly send you a dime for it. I'll even send you a return stamp so your postage is covered.
 
I got this one out of the reject tray a couple years ago- didn't even cost ME a dime haha. Traded it for an ounce of silver. Congrats, Mark
DSCN1534_edited.jpg

DSCN1537_edited.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom