What's new

Dime Box Today (w/ some silver today 11/17)

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
And the results are
.
.
.
.
.
SKUNK! I've got to say, dimes do not seem to be very good around my neck of Massachusetts. Sure I found one box with four keepers, but many clad-cities as well. So here's what my average is looking like: out of 35 boxes (excludes the complete 2010's,) I get about 1.2 silvers each. It seems to me though that other members here find two, three, four -----or 30 :o a box. I don't know. Maybe I should push harder for getting customer wrapped rolls.

Either way, I'm kinda hooked and will probably keep doing it for a while. It would be nice to start getting some good results though.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Dime Box Today

I average about 2.5 per box including my bigger scores. They're out there, but the thing I like about 'em is I don't get skunked much. Maybe once every ten boxes or so.
 
Re: Dime Box Today

In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!
 
Re: Dime Box Today

Dimes and nickels are crappy for me here in the Midwest. 5 boxes of dimes and 3 boxes of nickels.....skunkaroo. I'm not complaining though because halves are still producing for me.
 
Re: Dime Box Today

Didn't want to make a new thread, so here's today's score.

-Box 1 yields= 3 rosies ( one being a 1948 s -only my second s mint to date!)
-40 shotgun rolls yields= 0

Box one was pretty good. Might be only my third box to have three or more. At least I'm consistent. :coffee2:
 
Re: Dime Box Today

festiva_ford said:
In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!

Three wheats per box? I've gotten better than that. Although one time I did get skunked. I'd say I average about 5-6 per box. I get 1.5 keepers per $500 dime box.
 
Re: Dime Box Today

SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:
In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!

Three wheats per box? I've gotten better than that. Although one time I did get skunked. I'd say I average about 5-6 per box. I get 1.5 keepers per $500 dime box.

Ouch, you guys have it rough out there. I think I average a little more than 1 silver per dime box, albeit whenever I get 2 boxes I usually get 1 skunk and 1 producer. 8-10 wheats per box. War nicks I'm not sure I've only done one box of nickels and got 1 war.

My half dollar boxes are in the dirt though.
 
Re: Dime Box Today

Rakattack said:
SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:
In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!

Three wheats per box? I've gotten better than that. Although one time I did get skunked. I'd say I average about 5-6 per box. I get 1.5 keepers per $500 dime box.

Ouch, you guys have it rough out there. I think I average a little more than 1 silver per dime box, albeit whenever I get 2 boxes I usually get 1 skunk and 1 producer. 8-10 wheats per box. War nicks I'm not sure I've only done one box of nickels and got 1 war.

My half dollar boxes are in the dirt though.

Well I have to average the penny boxes that have a ton of 2010's in them. I have gotten boxes with 8-10 before too. As for dimes, I really do recommend weighing them at the bank. The clear ones are often short on some of the rolls. I just take those and exchange them for different rolls. This gives you an opportunity to search additional rolls (new tip for ya). I've gotten a silver in a roll they gave me to replace the ones that are short. Believe me those boxes usually have rolls that are short.
 
MauserMan said:
And the results are
.
.
.
.
.
SKUNK! I've got to say, dimes do not seem to be very good around my neck of Massachusetts. Sure I found one box with four keepers, but many clad-cities as well. So here's what my average is looking like: out of 35 boxes (excludes the complete 2010's,) I get about 1.2 silvers each. It seems to me though that other members here find two, three, four -----or 30 :o a box. I don't know. Maybe I should push harder for getting customer wrapped rolls.

Either way, I'm kinda hooked and will probably keep doing it for a while. It would be nice to start getting some good results though.

I have about the same average in ct. Way I see it though if I get 1-2 rosies per box im happy. Dimes are easy to search and dump. You can do alot of you have the time
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom