Dime Box Today (w/ some silver today 11/17)

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
And the results are
SKUNK! I've got to say, dimes do not seem to be very good around my neck of Massachusetts. Sure I found one box with four keepers, but many clad-cities as well. So here's what my average is looking like: out of 35 boxes (excludes the complete 2010's,) I get about 1.2 silvers each. It seems to me though that other members here find two, three, four -----or 30 :o a box. I don't know. Maybe I should push harder for getting customer wrapped rolls.

Either way, I'm kinda hooked and will probably keep doing it for a while. It would be nice to start getting some good results though.

Upvote 0
Re: Dime Box Today

I average about 2.5 per box including my bigger scores. They're out there, but the thing I like about 'em is I don't get skunked much. Maybe once every ten boxes or so.

In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!

Dimes and nickels are crappy for me here in the Midwest. 5 boxes of dimes and 3 boxes of nickels.....skunkaroo. I'm not complaining though because halves are still producing for me.

Didn't want to make a new thread, so here's today's score.

-Box 1 yields= 3 rosies ( one being a 1948 s -only my second s mint to date!)
-40 shotgun rolls yields= 0

Box one was pretty good. Might be only my third box to have three or more. At least I'm consistent. :coffee2:

festiva_ford said:
In my area of San Francisco it seems that dimes have the best scores(3 per box). Halves are usualy skunked, wheats are terrible at only 3 per box, and war nicks only show up every 250$. Hope it gets better for you!

Three wheats per box? I've gotten better than that. Although one time I did get skunked. I'd say I average about 5-6 per box. I get 1.5 keepers per $500 dime box.

SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:

Three wheats per box? I've gotten better than that. Although one time I did get skunked. I'd say I average about 5-6 per box. I get 1.5 keepers per $500 dime box.

Ouch, you guys have it rough out there. I think I average a little more than 1 silver per dime box, albeit whenever I get 2 boxes I usually get 1 skunk and 1 producer. 8-10 wheats per box. War nicks I'm not sure I've only done one box of nickels and got 1 war.

My half dollar boxes are in the dirt though.

Rakattack said:
SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:

Ouch, you guys have it rough out there. I think I average a little more than 1 silver per dime box, albeit whenever I get 2 boxes I usually get 1 skunk and 1 producer. 8-10 wheats per box. War nicks I'm not sure I've only done one box of nickels and got 1 war.

My half dollar boxes are in the dirt though.

Well I have to average the penny boxes that have a ton of 2010's in them. I have gotten boxes with 8-10 before too. As for dimes, I really do recommend weighing them at the bank. The clear ones are often short on some of the rolls. I just take those and exchange them for different rolls. This gives you an opportunity to search additional rolls (new tip for ya). I've gotten a silver in a roll they gave me to replace the ones that are short. Believe me those boxes usually have rolls that are short.

MauserMan said:
And the results are
SKUNK! I've got to say, dimes do not seem to be very good around my neck of Massachusetts. Sure I found one box with four keepers, but many clad-cities as well. So here's what my average is looking like: out of 35 boxes (excludes the complete 2010's,) I get about 1.2 silvers each. It seems to me though that other members here find two, three, four -----or 30 :o a box. I don't know. Maybe I should push harder for getting customer wrapped rolls.

Either way, I'm kinda hooked and will probably keep doing it for a while. It would be nice to start getting some good results though.

I have about the same average in ct. Way I see it though if I get 1-2 rosies per box im happy. Dimes are easy to search and dump. You can do alot of you have the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back