What's new

Dime trifecta, Indians and other stuff

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
2,779
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to a well hunted park yesterday and picked up a dime trifecta. The Roosie came out as I was leaving the park swinging my loop. Not a great signal. I guess it was the Buffalo and Jefferson that was in the hole with it.

Also got out a couple of other places recently. Last Saturday hit a different park and came up with the silver ring, Barber dime, V nickel and 1866 Metropolitan Insurance token. Ended up with 21 pieces of silver for the week. Not bad for a couple of parks that have been hunted for decades.

Last, but not least, got out to the woods for a little bit and got a Rossie and this tiny silver little book that says I love you. It was in pieces. Glad I checked the hole carefully or I would have come home without all of it.

20151216_183517-1.webp

20151217_134130.webp

20151213_083011.webp

20151214_165210 charms.webp
 
Upvote 30
Looks like you had a few good hunts DB. I love old tokens, just as much as I like old coins. It sure is nice when they are dated.
 
Congrats on the silver trifecta. Looks like a nice overall hunt.
 
Nice finds,Gotta love a trifecta.I like tokens also.Wish I could pull up a nickel in that kind of shape.every one I ever find is shot to sh..
 
Nice finds,Gotta love a trifecta.I like tokens also.Wish I could pull up a nickel in that kind of shape.every one I ever find is shot to sh..

I know what you mean. Most of the nickels I dig up are toasted. Picked up 9 shield nickels so far this year and a bunch of V nickels. They're all pretty toasted, some a little bit less so.
 
Can't believe I forgot to put the photo of the Indians up. The 1876 is a semi key date.
20151213_065027.webp
 
Nice saves Don. 21 silvers in a week is great, you got the knack for finding the oldies that were missed over the years.
 
Nice saves Don. 21 silvers in a week is great, you got the knack for finding the oldies that were missed over the years.

Thanks. I think it's a combination of the CTX 3030 and going real slow. I'm digging those signals that don't read quite right, but keep coming back with a signal. The Roosie in the hole with 2 nickels read more like a pull tab, but not quite. Yes, I do end up digging pull tabs and iron, but if you want the good stuff I think you have to.
 
Very cool finds, I'd love all those.
 
Congratz! Your week was better than my year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom