What's new

Dino "natural" cast

bone2stone

Full Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
156
Reaction score
111
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent weekend in my favorite relaxation place.
Not the middle of nowhere but you can see the outermost edge from there.

Anyway my friend offered me the opportunity to visit a dino track site and I jumped at the opportunity.
A small thin band of clay has been yielding bone material (mostly turtle) but this time I found something
sure to grace my display table.
A small vertebrae from a "bird like" dino fore-runner to the famous raptors.

The other thing I picked was a juvenile theropod natural cast with a smaller print (circled) super-imposed on top.
The picture is of the bottom of the cast and smaller one is under it.

Once I have the positive ID on the vert I will post the description of the actual dino.
Picture, taken from on line source, is of a theropod similar to the one that leaves the prints at my site.

Take a look hope you like fossils!

Jess B.
 

Attachments

  • theropod.webp
    theropod.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2772.webp
    IMG_2772.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2783_LI.webp
    IMG_2783_LI.webp
    543.3 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom