What's new

Dinosaur tooth, bone?

dano91

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
850
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
colorado
I found this last week. I thought it might be a tooth or piece of bone. It was used in an old stone wall at one time. Any ideas?
Dano.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0639.webp
    IMG_0639.webp
    98.5 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_0638.webp
    IMG_0638.webp
    92.8 KB · Views: 410
Maybe a Mastadon (sp?) (ancient elephant) tooth. Someone brought one to our club meeting in Aug. looks similar. Sorry the pix isn't really made for this kind of post. Under the tooth is printed material. Just my guess.
Bunker
 

Attachments

  • specialaug2010.webp
    specialaug2010.webp
    37 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
Looks like petrified Palm wood to me.We find it all the time in Nevada :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I think its petrified wood as well, nice chunk.
 
Upvote 0
If it is a tooth it is as identified a mastadon tooth. The local museum has several found along the Arkansas river. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom