What's new

Disappointing morning

kurtma12

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
89
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
I am set up to get 4 a week now from my main bank. They come on Thursdays. Opened 2 already with skunked results. Box 2 was especially bad, yeilding only 3 - 1974-D's to look closer at for the DDO. Hopefully the 2 tonight will be better! Still waiting on my first great box.

career totals - 6 boxes

40's - 5
90's - 0
ddo-s - 0
 
Upvote 0
Silver will come but you just have to wait. Quantity will help you. Did you try stopping into local banks and just asking for any halves that they might have?

Golden Silver
 
Get used to it. There will be many more. But eventually you will score big and then you will be hooked. Hang in there.

HH
cmhoose
 
Heck I was hooked after my first 40% half.
After my first big score is when I started the silver withdrawl shakes.

golden silver
 
yes, it will take a lot to get me discouraged. I hunted dimes and quarters for a couple weeks prior to halves and found 3 rosies.

Check this out though. i went to dump the 2 boxes from this morning at lunch and the teller had $5 in loose. Included in that was a '67. It made it all worth while. Pumped for the last 2 boxes tonight!
 
kurtma12 said:
yes, it will take a lot to get me discouraged. I hunted dimes and quarters for a couple weeks prior to halves and found 3 rosies.

Check this out though. i went to dump the 2 boxes from this morning at lunch and the teller had $5 in loose. Included in that was a '67. It made it all worth while. Pumped for the last 2 boxes tonight!

The same happened to me today. After I dumped my coins I asked the teller for halves and she had 1...a 69.
 
You got 5 40%s, why are you dissappointed? Just wait if you think that's bad
 
Just finished the last 2 boxes, both skunks. 0 for 4,000 today on the boxes. Try again next week!
 
Cole317 said:
You got 5 40%s, why are you dissappointed? Just wait if you think that's bad

Those 5 were from the last 2 weeks, I was talking about not getting any in the boxes today. I did get the 1 at the teller line though!
 
Oh, ok then sorry bout that. So i guess you know the feeling of being skunked all too well now huh!
good luck next time, and keep asking the tellers for halves! :icon_thumright:
 
Hey Kurt...

What area of the state are you in? I'm about centerally located on the coast, and am finding I have some competition in the area. Just wondering if it might be you.

No city/county, just general area, if you would be so kind. Gotta think of operational security.

I keep getting the flat brown with yellow printing boxes with a single layer. They haven't been producing so well, and I begin to get some of my own dumps back, even though I dump at one specific location, and never buy boxes from this bank or it's branches. Yes, I DID mark some coins (GASP) and did see them come back to haunt me.

I did pull 29 silver keepers from my last two boxes, but boxes are getting hard to obtain, and keeper numbers are way down.

Robin
 
CaptainRobin said:
Hey Kurt...

What area of the state are you in? I'm about centerally located on the coast, and am finding I have some competition in the area. Just wondering if it might be you.

No city/county, just general area, if you would be so kind. Gotta think of operational security.

I keep getting the flat brown with yellow printing boxes with a single layer. They haven't been producing so well, and I begin to get some of my own dumps back, even though I dump at one specific location, and never buy boxes from this bank or it's branches. Yes, I DID mark some coins (GASP) and did see them come back to haunt me.

I did pull 29 silver keepers from my last two boxes, but boxes are getting hard to obtain, and keeper numbers are way down.

Robin

I am East of Atlanta, no where near the coast. The rolls I get come in 2 high square boxes (5x5 halves). The rolls are white with greyish brown stripes at the edges. I'm not sure who it comes from.
 
coincrazed said:
golden silver said:
Heck I was hooked after my first 40% half.
After my first big score is when I started the silver withdrawl shakes.

golden silver
I was too.I got 2 40%ers and 1 90%ers in 5 customer hand-rolled halves. - coincrazed

I have had very little luck even finding customer rolls. Not including the $5 in halves I got at my main bank, last Friday I went to 11 local banks and came away with $13.50 worth. All clad, none rolled just loose.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom