What's new

discoidal or hammerstone or or ??

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
discloid.webpdiscloid 2.webpit definitely is not a geofact
 
Upvote 0
I have found some just like it, I call them game stone's. Great find:icon_thumleft:
 
Cool discoidal game stone find.
 
Discoidals are normally polished. The edges on this piece looks like it was used for pecking to me. I have a few similar. I have always been on the line with these little things. I think pecking!
 
sure is round.nice one.
 
Is there any indents on the flat sides? The material is hard to see for me. Nice find
 
no indents rock...center does seem to be marked though. You can tell it was impact shaped to make it so round.
Is there any indents on the flat sides? The material is hard to see for me. Nice find
 
Could be a small grinding type of stone like this one I found. Mine isnt as flat as yours though.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4568.webp
    100_4568.webp
    159 KB · Views: 108
Mine is a bit flatter than that one kinda in between the 2 you have posted.
 
sometimes half the fun of finding pieces is trying to figure out what they are used for IF ANYTHING! :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom