What's new

Discoidal

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My diigging partner found this today in the honey hole....hope you enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • 16176109_707350486110058_1081933386_n.webp
    16176109_707350486110058_1081933386_n.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
Yes it is GR. I never seen it in person. He found it after I left. I will get a pic of the other side and post it here.
 
Wow what a nice find !!!
 
I had to Google it. Now your friend can play the old mississippian game. Great find. Amazing find. My friend found some blue game balls. I would love to post them.
 
Now that's something you DON'T find everyday!!!!!!
 
hole in the middle?...spindle whorl?
 
Small for a disc and with a hole to. Not saying it isnt cause I would do flips to find something like that. I hope you can get more pics of it Id like to see them.
 
Here is the other side. It has a inclusion in it but you can see its incised also. And the other whole discoidal I found, along with two other drilled broken discoidal pieces. All Ft. Ancient from the same site. And Unclemac is right, its a spindle whorl also. Thanks for the replies.
 

Attachments

  • 16176257_707350469443393_1151876896_n.webp
    16176257_707350469443393_1151876896_n.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 93
  • steamer 056.webp
    steamer 056.webp
    211.8 KB · Views: 94
  • steamer 052.webp
    steamer 052.webp
    230.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom