What's new

Disney Flapper Pendants

piggman1

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I found a whole stash of these authentic Disney toys, in mint condition, in the attic of an old house. I have consulted with quite a few Disney collectors, searched through books at the library, and looked all over the Internet, and I can't find any infor that they ever existed. You ought to see the eyes light up when I show them to collectors. I think they were produced in the 1960's, the company that made them is still making Disney toys, and I am waiting for a response from them. They are "original Disney production". Any info would help.
 

Attachments

  • disney set.webp
    disney set.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Donald Duck.webp
    Donald Duck.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Mickey Mouse.webp
    Mickey Mouse.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Mini Mouse.webp
    Mini Mouse.webp
    56 KB · Views: 236
  • Flapper back.webp
    Flapper back.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 232
  • mickey bar code.webp
    mickey bar code.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 243
That sure looks like the newer model. These were made in Macau, by Monogram Products Inc., Largo Florida. Looks like Hong Kong makes them now. I mean I found a hoard of these.
 
Upvote 0
Well, barcodes were not commonly used till the mid 1970's. So, that is about the earliest the items could be, possibly even into the 80's.
 
Upvote 0
Bar codes were invented in the 1950's, they used them on everything in the 1970's. However, they were used extensively in the 1960's., but if you try and pull one up that old there is no information except the manufacturer. These have been shown to collectors fron Austin to Corpus Christi, Tx, and no one has ever seen this certain one. They have seen the ones listed above. These have parts that would not have passed the child safty act of the 80's, or even the late 70's. The patent has been sold many times since 1889, or 1884, I don't have my notes with me to be certain of the date. I think this is where the patent was sold in 1979 to the above listing. These, no collector that I have found has ever seen. As many as I have, they may have been a protype. Here is the patent of 1979-1980.
 

Attachments

  • aa.webp
    aa.webp
    69.6 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom