What's new

Diver looking for best place in florida to snorkle for coins

  • Thread starter Thread starter newdiver
  • Start date Start date
N

newdiver

Guest
Last week I was watching a TV show that was called ship wrecks of Florida. It said that there was a great beach in Florida that constantly still washes up old coins. I was wondering where the best place to go is? Thanks for any information.
 
Newdiver, welcome aboard TreasureNet Forums!

There are many beaches in Florida that have been, and still produce coins and other artifacts from shipwrecks along our coast. I would invite you to look threw many of the old post that are on this site, or do a search for the 1715 treasure fleet. You will be amazed!

Again welcome aboard

Tom
 
Yeah,just stay away from the Mel Fisher lease sites.They are very protective and you will get in trouble.
 
Yeah, he was asking about the BEACHES where old coins wash up but his subject line indicated he wanted to snorkle.... beach hunting vs water hunting, big difference as far as the legalities.
 
Yeah I am also wondering where I can find the different legalities on water and beach ... also I like to snorkle but dont have a boat just looking for somewhere that is open to public and I could have some fun in the water looking around... If you could give me a city or relative place since I am from St. Petersburg Florida and I am just looking to go over to the east coast for the weekend.. Thanks.... Not trying to make any shipwreck owners mad... Just looking to have a little fun. :)
 
Your question about the legal ramifications of water -v- beaches can be found on the Legal Issues Forum at TreasureNet, and I have provided you with that link. gdaddyflex (Tom) is correct, very big differences. It is basically illeagle to hunt the water within 3000 yards of the leases. However the beaches are fine.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,16144.0.html
 
Thanks for all the info Wreckdiver17. I don't even have a metel detector but all the information really helps. I am guessing it is a little hard to find anything without a metel detector but I am just going to have fun. Thanks for everything.
 
As long as you don't have a metal detector with in your hands, you can swim, snorkel and scuba dive to within 300 feet of any contract boat working the leases. These boats can be identified by a large number starting with the letter C on the side of the boat. If no boats are working the site, it is completely legal to dive the entire site.

Enjoy!
 
Provided you don't take anything.
 
Technically, you COULD have a metal detector in the lease areas, JUST as long as you don't take anything! But I would advise against it!

Robert in SC
 
newdiver,

Just be aware that the men in grey suits will be nearby.100's were seen in ft pierce recently.bull sharks!
 

Attachments

  • maningreysuit.webp
    maningreysuit.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 361

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom