Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
... ~: Toccoa River :~ ...

Oh black water, keep on rollin', cross the Mississippi, thru the music city.
The dark, sometimes well lit trail south, to the beginnings of the ancient tears.
Trail of Spirit courage and survival, Treasured path to the near distant future...

Wake up later, on the Toccoa River, Ahh the canyon into the Ancient Village.
I have followed the old trail before, winding along her twisting, turning rocky banks...

She is called 'Beautiful River', Toccoa in Cherokee...
It's been so long.... Watch the
sun rise, and kiss the moon bright...

But to see her again, yes, so beautiful.
Timeless, forever shining her love.
Like a lovely maiden, sweet ...

I spent the morning, driving slowly, a
little hike, stopped for a few good pics... :sunny: :fish:
Reminiscing, thinking on the ancient
spirits, long gone to their resting places...
:cross:
~:Crosse:~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

By special request of my good brother Michael...

Sittin' here enjoyin' the sound of the mountain creek runnin' in the rain.
Good Southern food, the best company with his awesome family, twin boys,
beautiful wife. Gettin' ready to break out the guitar, and pick a couple of
originals, on the screened in porch by the creek... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Just what the doctor ordered.
Some R&R, with a good spiritually
minded brother. I can use this, a time
of refreshing and positive encouragement.

Me older spiritual brother that I never had,
and we confirm each others' thoughts and words
of truth. It's a good thing, to laugh and get rest for
my battle weary soul. It is mutual encouragement,
of the highest level of honesty and respect... :sunny: :fish:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse De Sign Late to the campfire. Been reading this thread for a hour or so. Will do the videos later. I live on one of the most beautiful lakes in the state of Texas , Caddo Lake. One of my neighbors down the lake is a guy by the name of Don Henley is a musician of note. Never got to meet him but has been past his place a lot on the way to the lake camp.

As far as the spirits yes. I got stories after 40 years you are bound to have some. Heck living out here in Texas Bigfoot country got some stories there. We live on the lake about a half mile on the lake from where the Mittie Stephens went down and the place was renamed the Death Hole. BURNING OF THE STEAMBOAT MITTIE STEPHENS
It is said that on a calm windless night in the middle of summer just at dark you can hear a steam whistle on the lake from the Mittie Stephens. Last year the neighbor came over to visit about dragging the road. We were talking and all of a sudden we heard the sound of a old steam whistle coming from the lake. We quite talking and stood there looking at one another. We both said I don't believe that I just heard what I did. There was a legend that there was a safe on board that had $100,000 in gold. It was never recovered which is not true.. Have enjoyed this thread still more to go.

Senior Deacon

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy senior deacon,

Glad you came to share some stories with us, here:coffee2:have some good ol sock coffee. Anyone else :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:? I had just been looking into our Texas lakes yesterday. One of my son's had brought some red fish from Brauning Lake, and cooked them last night. I didn't even know we had red fish in lakes, I always thought they were only in the Gulf. He was telling me how much the lakes around here were filling up with all this rain, and I did a search on Texas lakes. Found out that Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas. Some say it's the most beautiful lake in America.

That must of been something, to hear the old steam whistle together. About an hour's drive from here, we have the Espantosa Lake, which means haunted, or scarey lake. Many have heard a wagon coming their way, they never return there.

Homar

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoot-Whoot. I just got back to the campfire. Settling down with some of Coazon's cafe de tootsies. Pretty flavourful stuff, I must say.

Wow. The steam whistle. Always a good moment when another hears the exact same thing. A pretty defining moment, for sure.

It seems we've all been enjoying some time around plentiful watering holes. We've spent the week at our lake. Goes way back, too, when the Indians used to call this place home. They enjoyed it (as I do) as it is spring fed.

Others seems to enjoy it as well. Nobody from The Mittie Stephens, nor the whistle. Just the sounds from a nightly symphony of frogs, the swish of a big bass tail, or the slight rustling of a mother gator nesting covertly upon the aside of the bank.

To the immediate east, we have the swamp. Not completely sure what is lurking in there at 3:30 a.m., but since it is mating season, I will stay right where I am.

But, this too, is a fine campsite should we ever choose one for the gang. We have a gigantic fire pit with many benches to go around and deliver our tales in the moonlight.

Marshmallow, anyone? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I spend a lot of time out on the lake fishing. The cypress trees at dusk can add a mysterious element to the atmosphere. The sight and sounds of the critters of the lake and swamp land can be very un-nerveing if you are not familiar with them. My wife tells the tale of a witch that was drowned in the lake. That will make herself seen at times. Never have seen her and don't want to. Have seen several things that I don't know that I can ever explain. A lot of stories of ghosts and Haunts. Civil war and moderators,regulator conflicts, run away slaves, Indian burial ground and drownings on the lake. Being Native American we have our own legends. Spirits and ghosts do play a part in our belief system.

I will post up some more accounts of things that I have had experienced. No need to lie for lies have to be covered up but truth can run around naked all day.

Senior Deacon

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crosse De Sign Late to the campfire. Been reading this thread for a hour or so. Will do the videos later. I live on one of the most beautiful lakes in the state of Texas , Caddo Lake. One of my neighbors down the lake is a guy by the name of Don Henley is a musician of note. Never got to meet him but has been past his place a lot on the way to the lake camp.

As far as the spirits yes. I got stories after 40 years you are bound to have some. Heck living out here in Texas Bigfoot country got some stories there. We live on the lake about a half mile on the lake from where the Mittie Stephens went down and the place was renamed the Death Hole. BURNING OF THE STEAMBOAT MITTIE STEPHENS
It is said that on a calm windless night in the middle of summer just at dark you can hear a steam whistle on the lake from the Mittie Stephens. Last year the neighbor came over to visit about dragging the road. We were talking and all of a sudden we heard the sound of a old steam whistle coming from the lake. We quite talking and stood there looking at one another. We both said I don't believe that I just heard what I did. There was a legend that there was a safe on board that had $100,000 in gold. It was never recovered which is not true.. Have enjoyed this thread still more to go.

Senior Deacon

Yo Bro SD! GREAT! THANKS for sharing! I like Don, too; LOVE their band! Tell us MORE!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Senior Deacon

TEXAS BIGFOOT COUNTRY!??? OMG!

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
... ~: You People Are Awesome! :~ ...

Hey, hello people, good morning!

Y'all up keeping the fire going while I was sleeping,
wow you people are awesome!, and if you don't watch
out, I'm likely to think you are some of my very closest
friends. Keeping out a watchful eye, and contributing...

Thank You All Very Kindly... You just made my day even
more special, than what it already is, a great day to be alive...

I've got a cup of coffee, and am sitting on my good friends
screened porch. Awesome carpentry work! He and his lovely
wife did it themselves, and it is a wonderful treat to sit here.
About 12' from this clear N. Georgia mountain creek, a
tributary to the Toccoa. My coffee got cold I noticed,
so I will go warm it up good, and be back with
some thoughts, on a wing and a prayer... :sunny: :fish:

... ~: Wow where are these tears coming from. Must be
the memories of the Ancient Elders, who lived right here
in peace, for so long, undoubtedly many happy millennia. :~ ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

OK,

That was a good start, on what is happening, me last post.
Here I am relaxing with this sound of running, trickling creek
water, and there are so many things, that are making me feel
so rich, and truly spiritually blessed right now, a treasured sight.

This contact with fellow Treasure Hunters is very much one of them,
and I know it is only happenin', because someone has Liked, or maybe
Gracefully tolerated some of my spiritually minded posts. So I send out a
Warm Southern Thank You, to whoever you All are... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

One more good tune from Restless Heart, was a #1 hit
for them, which means some cool fame and fortune...

I will reply to you good folks who have graced this
humble Treasure Spirits Camp thread with your
presence, sharing great personal stories and
spiritual thoughts, all means the world to
me, and I'm not just saying that, I really
do very much appreciate it, totally cool... :goldtrophy::icon_thumleft::treasurechest::icon_thumright::goldtrophy: :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
... ~: Michael ~ 'Thinks like GOD' :~ ...

... ~: Looking at my post with Michaels' blue skies' song
request, by the Legendary Allman Brothers, reminds
me of a story my good bro., the recent 'wild child'
had told me...

...Of him being in a bar in Atlanta, and somehow in
the crowd Greg was walking by, and he told him
"It's sounding good" :~ ...:thumbsup:... Anyone?... :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
... ~: A Chosen Generation :~ ...

... ~: I've got to say, I hope you ALL know,
that those of you who believe and also do
truly know...

That we ARE The Chosen Generation, an
Holy Nation, a Royal Holy Priesthood, as
set up, and blessed by The Greatest Spirit
of all Spirits. Yes, we Will fulfull our Sacred
Destinies with Flying Colors, as they All, with
Joy and Gladness, watch it Live on the biggest
screen, and in the most true, desirable of all of
Holy and Sacred Spirit Lands, which is naturally,
The Holy Place in Heaven. We will do Very Well,
some of us, and well Please our Great Fathers,
The Son our King, and The Awesome LORD...

It was written, by His Holy (not perfect) Prophets, Long Ago,
and very far away. This too, Will come to pass, just as He Has Spoken It...
Into the minds and hearts of them, who have ears to hear, and powerful spiritual
eyes to see...

...The great deceit, the deception and the treachery brewing against His Most Loved
and Highly Treasured Children...

...To them that had Loved, from the Ancient Days of old, not having seen now with
the eyes of flesh. The called, set aside, protected, tested, spiritually prepared and selected...

...For the final battle of battles, on that 'Great and Notable Day Of The LORD'...
Then We Will WIN It!...

...That, because he will be with us, "Even To The End Of The Age"...

...This too, is and was long ago written, He Is With Us, At ALL Times...

... I write as I am instructed, yes a Mortal, sometimes fallible fleshly man.
Inspired by and led, by the Heart of our Mighty Father, who Loved us Dearly,
and did not withhold Love in darkness, but Gave To Us All The Light and Truth,
that we could and would Know, and not be afraid, or ashamed, He Gave it ALL... :sunny: :fish:
His ONLY...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread