Do you ever see something "STRANGE" out of the corner of your eye.....

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Do you ever see something "STRANGE" out of the corner of your eye.....

I've never seen anything that would convince me that ghosts actually do exist and I'm pretty skeptical of darn-near everything.

I'll be sitting on the couch and I'll catch a quick, split-second glance of what appears to be a person standing in the kitchen, but it appears and disappears so quickly that I wonder if it was really there most of the time...

This happens all over the house.....I see "stuff" for just a fraction of a second and it's gone. Most of the images look like skin-colored blurs.

Anybody else have anything similar to this going on or am I just crazy?
Z

am-ark

Nov 30, 2008
Virginia
Re: Do you ever see something "STRANGE" out of the corner of your eye.....

I have had this happen, I just catch a glimpse of something, or sometimes having the feeling that something is running towards me but nothing is there....someone told me once that this was the "parallel universe"...lol...im a skeptic also. :dontknow: :o

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

an unfocused mind thing.

now the question is:when your mind wanders does it bring up images and sensations from your
problem solving subconcious only to fade away when brought to attention and focused upon.
or do you perceive things that are not of this plane of existance only to fade away when rationalised.

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm...... :wink:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

simplemaninpr

Nov 27, 2009
The Mountains of Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150

Yes, and usually they are black, small and moving very very fast. I suppose they are a misconbulblicated spirit checking out the area for a new body to attach its self to or, a dust bunny!

Ernest

C

Cappy Z.

Yes. My wife uses stealth technology to access the last of the chip dip....

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You need a shotgun to figure it out................

C

Cappy Z.

simplemaninpr said:
Yes, and usually they are black, small and moving very very fast. I suppose they are a misconbulblicated spirit checking out the area for a new body to attach its self to or, a dust bunny!

Ernest

Zelda Rubinstein, the actress best known for her role as the psychic in the horror film "Poltergeist," died in Los Angeles, California, on Wednesday, her agent said. She was 76.
Eric Stevens, Rubinstein's agent for the past four years, said the " 4-foot-3-inch" actress had never recovered from a mild heart attack she suffered several months ago, which he said left her a patient at Barlow Respiratory Hospital in Los Angeles.
"She had several pre-existing conditions that she had been dealing with for years, and unfortunately they began to overtake her," Stevens said.

ShortBil

Aug 27, 2008
Champion Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

I saw the witch at West Branch SP Ohio. I was on my mtn bike, it was getting late and when I came up a small hill, I saw someone standing off to my left about 40 feet off the trail. It was wearing a long black coat or gown with a large brim hat. The first thing that came to my mind is "that's Johny Cash, The man in black". I had to take my eyes off of it to look where I was going, when I looked for it again, it was gone. I stoped and backed up to try and find the group of trees or brush that looked like someone, but nothing was tall enough or big enough to look like a person! I made it back to my car in record time!!
A year or so later I was reading a bike mag that wrote a small story about the trail and at the end, they wrote "watch out for the witch of West Branch". I got kind of spooked! I did some searching on the net and found the story about her. I KNOW what I saw. If I was reading this, I would be thinking "ya...right...sure..whatever". But again, I saw someone!!

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II

It's not uncommon to see someone go by out of the corner of your eye where I live. We've even seen at least one family pet in the house. When you can swear you heard someone walk on a tile floor and you go look and you find 2 of your dogs both eyeballing a spot like some was standing there. I'm not a skeptic, I fully believe in the spirit world or ghosts but I will try my darndest to find an explanation for the sound or what I saw. When there isn't one, I then realize we had a visitor.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We have my wife's brother ashes in a urn in our livingroom and I sometime notice my dog walking by it and stopping and sitting down,like he has been given a comand,it's kind of neat,he died to early in life,35 years old,cancer.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500

30 years ago when my bother passed away suddenly the next day my grand fathers oak rocking chair in my living room that we used to fight over to see who would set in it rocked for 2 hrs . explain this to me please. no one was in the chair.

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
Deus,Makro CF77, Minelab Etrac, Teknetics T2SE, 2 excel II's, and a Tigershark

YES...Dont let your mind fool you. I saw a guy in my barn the other day in the exact same manner. He didnt do anything...He was just standing there, and in a flash he was gone. My barn was built in 1856 and it was his place before mine possibly. I though about how much time he may have spent out there and how hard he worked to get wht he had. Something he built and enjoyed that I'm still enjoying 154 years later. Its kind of sad and I wish I could see him more and communicate with him... Maybe in the future...

I feel things more than I see them.....feels like I have 50 pounds of weight on my chest and my breathing get shallow and labored. I get a sick tight feeling in my stomach and my throat thickens......Does this happen to anyone else?

"Z"

OP
OP
zaweiss

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250

It's good to know that I am not the only one who sees stuff :)

I am going to try my best to just accept things as they are.....maybe logic wont get in the way and I can actually see this stuff alot more...haha

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

One morning a few years back, I was heading to work. It wasn't quite daylight and extremely foggy,( add to the fact it was a late night with little sleep ). There walking in the dense fog was a confederate soldier, rifle, haversack, bedroll, two yellow corporal stripes, plainly visible. So here I go asking myself, did I just see that>? Well I turned around to go for another look. Ut oh, he is still walking down the side of the road. I go on down where I can pull over, and here he comes. Turns out he is one of the local re-enactors ! We had a good laugh, and I offered him a ride but he said he enjoyed the walk. Man I wonder how many people that morning ( besides me ) said OH CHIT !!! LOL

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

lol Nat

when I was about 10 y/o I was thinking about John Wayne.a couple of minutes later I was walking
past the kitchen window and for a split second I saw a grown man with a cowboy hat and a plaid
shirt walking away Duke style. :icon_scratch: weird......

were I used to live sometimes I would catch shadow cats out of the corner of my eyes.they would
be under cars parked on the street. :dontknow:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

zaweiss said:
It's good to know that I am not the only one who sees stuff :)

I am going to try my best to just accept things as they are.....maybe logic wont get in the way and I can actually see this stuff alot more...haha
Yup your are seeing them. Relax and pay attention you'll see them more and for longer times :thumbsup:

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

To everyone who reads this blog, if you do a little research, the recorder of deeds office or tax offices can tell you who lived in your house, then you can try the historical library to go through obituaries and find out in some cases, who has died in the home or called the place home at the time of their death. Try taking pictures from your cell phone in negative or regular shots in the most concentrated area where things happen, in the same room take pictures of reflections in windows, mirrors and other glass. I believe glass and mirrors are portals. Hope this helps, you may be surprised with what you get in your pics. Shadows and footsteps happen alot around here mostly in the kitchen and some of the pics we have contain really creepy faces. The couple I bought the house from, decided to take pills and commit suicide together at their new place. They were attached to this place, the first place they ever owned. Jenny cried when I bought it. William didn't survive their plot, Jenny did, because it was her pills they took and she may have built up a better immunity to them. I know the two of them were inseparable and loved each other very much, but after getting out of the hospital, Jenny moved back to Reno to be with family. William visits here, he's looking for her.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

thks for the tips liquidgirl.

I heard that moses (bible) broke mirrors claiming they were evil.jews will cover mirrors when there
is a death in the family.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Covering the mirror after a death in a household is almost a universal ritual. The idea was you didn't really wanna see Aunt Tillie lookin' over your shoulder when she's supposed to be "gone." So the mirrors would be covered until after the funeral and/or burial.

It's probably done even now in some of the more rural areas like Appalachia or the Ozarks. For all I know, the Amish may have a history of covering the mirrors. In some areas, they even "told the bees" if the deceased had any hives. They'd put a black ribbon around the hive, so the bees would "know" and not fly off (presumably) looking for their keeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread