Do you generally dig all your " hits" that your detector alerts you to ?

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Re: Do you generally dig all your " hits" that your detector alerts you to ?

EDDEKALB said:
lucky1777 said:
Born2Dtect said:
I let the site tell me what to dig. At first I dig everything, then if I am finding a lot of trash I will try to tell the trash from better signals. If signals are few I will dig all until I get a feel for what is there. In large fields I dig all most of the time, especially if the area is proven old.

Ed D.
stoney56 said:
It depends on the area. I usually dig all signals that repeat in at least one direction. If I'm in a nice yard, I'll set the disc. up a bit and if at a beach or swiming area then all signals are fair targets as is a CW site.

I agree with both of you...
here here

gotta say, that process usually works for me too.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

I'm to old to dig everything . I disc out iron , foil , pulltabs & screwcaps . I'll get a null on a nickel & if my number is a solid 25 I'll dig . I mainly coinshoot . I'ts usually pretty easy to tell a coin from say a can or pipe or whatever . If I get a good beep both ways I'll go to the all metal pinpoint mode . A coin will only sound loud & clear in one little spot while a can or pipe or nail , ect will have a long hum at least one way . Needless to say I get fooled pretty often . I will probably miss gold but dang it I just don't want to dig all that junk . If I'm hunting an old house site I dig a lot more because there usually isn't many pulltabs like there is for instance in a park .

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2

Yes I dig all of them.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

a friend of mine had a terrible trashy signal today in a spot that is pretty well littered with tabs and old style screwcaps,, on a path that i've walked on maybe 80 times,,scanning everytime i went through. also 2 friends did the same,, he decided to get in one last dig,, he got 3 wheats,, a buffalo,, a liberrty nickle,, and 2 barber dimes....

i decided to dig some trashy signals too,, and came out with a liberty also..

it all depends on the site i recon,, at this place,, i'll be clearing it some more everytime i go now....

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

we are dig it all folks, we reject some iron but we dig the broken signals too and sometimes this is iron. I have used both target id machines and non target id machines, I do prefer a non target id machine, and bobbie will only use her x2. Now we dont hunt much grass so digging is ususally pretty easy in the sand or mulch
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread