What's new

Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

70CaminoLS1

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

I just picked up an old Gold Mountain Boss with TR/VLF. Does any body have a manual or diagram on this detector? Not sure how to tune it.
 
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

As I recall, the Boss was very similar in operation to the pushbutton VLF/TR Garrett Groundhog of the same period early 1980's), and in fact coils were interchangeable between those units. See if these old pushbutton Groundhog tuning instructions help:

www.garrett.com/manuals/PB-Deepseeker-and-Groundhog.pdf
 
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

Thanks a lot. I was led to believe the "Boss" was made by Garrett. But who knows. I will give your link a try. What ever happened to Gold Mountain?
 
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

I believe that there was indeed a Garrett/Gold Mountain connection, at least early on. Gold Mountain was a subsidiary of a company called Modern Assemblies. After the company was destroyed by fire in the mid 80's, the detector product line was not revived. However, I think that one of the last Gold Mountain designs (the VIP, a toggle-tuning VLF/TR similar to the Garrett ADS Groundhog) was picked up by D-Tex and marketed under a different model name. If I'm not mistaken, units of the same design were also marketed under another label by Richard Ray.
 
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

The directions I got from the Garrett Web site for the Push button "groundhog" seem to be right on. I have a "push button" moddle and all the controlls the directions mentioned.

Thanks again.
 
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

Glad I could help. ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom