Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Does Anybody have a manual or diagram for a Gold Mountain "Boss"?

As I recall, the Boss was very similar in operation to the pushbutton VLF/TR Garrett Groundhog of the same period early 1980's), and in fact coils were interchangeable between those units. See if these old pushbutton Groundhog tuning instructions help:

www.garrett.com/manuals/PB-Deepseeker-and-Groundhog.pdf

OP
OP

70CaminoLS1

Jun 10, 2007

Thanks a lot. I was led to believe the "Boss" was made by Garrett. But who knows. I will give your link a try. What ever happened to Gold Mountain?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

I believe that there was indeed a Garrett/Gold Mountain connection, at least early on. Gold Mountain was a subsidiary of a company called Modern Assemblies. After the company was destroyed by fire in the mid 80's, the detector product line was not revived. However, I think that one of the last Gold Mountain designs (the VIP, a toggle-tuning VLF/TR similar to the Garrett ADS Groundhog) was picked up by D-Tex and marketed under a different model name. If I'm not mistaken, units of the same design were also marketed under another label by Richard Ray.

OP
OP

70CaminoLS1

Jun 10, 2007

The directions I got from the Garrett Web site for the Push button "groundhog" seem to be right on. I have a "push button" moddle and all the controlls the directions mentioned.

Thanks again.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Glad I could help. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread