Does anybody know of a good ecommerce site that one can go to to build a webpage?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use GODADDY.com's "Go Central Business" to build and host my business websites. Easy to use, inexpensive ($12.00-month), and secure (https). Look up TerrysKnifeStore.com :occasion14:

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Terry.. I will check them out!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I use bluehost.com You can chose a Wordpress e-commerce theme and customize it. 25 parent of the worlds websites are based on WordPress. Wordpress.org You have thousands of free themes and themes you pay for. About $60.00 that you can customize to suit your needs including e commerce, blog, forums or anything else. There is a plugin for everything. It will all take some time. I have been studying coding and web design and development for a few years as a hobby. Look into it a bit even if you decide to have someone build to for you.​

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I use bluehost.com You can chose a Wordpress e-commerce theme and customize it. 25 parent of the worlds websites are based on WordPress. Wordpress.org You have thousands of free themes and themes you pay for. About $60.00 that you can customize to suit your needs including e commerce, blog, forums or anything else. There is a plugin for everything. It will all take some time. I have been studying coding and web design and development for a few years as a hobby. Look into it a bit even if you decide to have someone build to for you.​

Thanks a bunch! I will check into that!:icon_thumleft:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Your going to need to get someone to build it for you. Start getting quotes. Include a couple of web developers based in India for best pricing.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'ts a lot of work putting an e commence site together. A big learning curve.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'ts a lot of work putting an e commence site together. A big learning curve.

As the old saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so in my case, I would have to hire somebody for sure.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
20090831-old-dogs-cartoon.jpg

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It might be harder to learn new tricks when you're an old dog, bur regardless of your age you just have to keep on trying to accomplish what you want. I think that old dog in the cartoon is going to make it. Or die trying..

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d recommend wix.com for your site.... Very easy drop and drag features. Integrates with PayPal for easy check out.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am contemplating building a website from which I can sell various things. Is there a good, simple site anybody would recomend, or am I better off paying somebody to build and host one for me?

don't use ipower. I used them for a long while, then they sent their customer support offshore and every thing went downhill since then.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad I ran across this post.... I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BUILD A VERY GOOD SITE FOR ME!!!! My 2 sons are wanting to produce my toy boxes along with me and we need a good website. I want a good one upfront. All the bells and whistles and accept C.C.'s & Paypal. I have pics, info and things I'd like incorporated into it... but don't have a clue on how to do it. I'd like to have it done for me but at what cost...?????

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another vote for wix. I helped my mother with her Home Inventory website a little but she did the majority of the work and it came out very professional. Buy your domain name first at go daddy. Google godaddy coupons first a try them til you find one that works and saves you on a year purchase. then use wix's easy web builder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread